Odoo FedEx Shipping Integration: From ‘Our most important package is yours’ to ‘We live to deliver’; FedEx shipping services has evolved to become one of the best package delivery services in the world.FedEx takes the pole position among the biggest logistic companies in both technological innovations to improve delivery time and quality for the customers.
FedEx delivers around 14 million packages daily around the world. The name has become almost synonymous with shipping in many countries.
With a number of different available services, like FedEx Express and Overnight Delivery, you can ensure timely and quality delivery of your orders to the customers.
Odoo FedEx Shipping integration module is aimed at providing a convenient and straightforward setup for the Odoo user.
The module works are both ends - Odoo backend for Odoo user and website for customers.
The customer can pick FedEx Shipping service (if applicable) as the delivery carrier in their online orders from the Odoo website.
The shipping label and the respective tracking is generated in the Odoo backend once the delivery is validated in the Odoo backend.
Odoo FedEx Shipping Integration Features
Work on Both- Website and Odoo backend
- The Odoo user can add the FedEx delivery to order from the backend.
- The customers can choose FedEx while placing orders on the website.
Supports Domestic and International delivery
- The module can be used to ship both domestic and international packages and orders.
- The type of delivery available would depend upon the service opted by the admin from FedEx Shipping.
Option to Choose or Add the FedEx Service Type
- Select the type of services availed from FedEx among the given options.
- Alternatively, you can create a new service type as per your requirement.
One-step integration with Odoo
- Simple configuration to allow fast integration of FedEx with Odoo.
- You only need the Account number, Meter number, Integration ID, Key and Password from FedEx shipping.
Choose And set Packaging Options
- Multiple packaging options provided by FedEx can be used to ship different types of products.
- The packaging type available again depends upon the service opted from FedEx.
Choose Drop-off type
- FedEx provides different Drop-Off options which can be selected in the module for the orders.
- To know more about the drop-off facilities, please visit the following link >> https://support.appath.com/fedex-drop-off/
Real-Time Shipment Generation
- The Shipping is generated as soon as the delivery is validated in the Odoo backend.
- Generate FedEx shipping label in real-time with a click of a button.
- The module also generates the FedEx shipment tracking number for the order in the Odoo backend.
- The shipment can also be canceled from Odoo backend itself.
Set Default Values
- The default configuration tab allows you to set default values for a number of fields to save time.
- These are automatically picked while generating FedEx shipment in the Odoo. So, you don't need to enter the same values every time.
- If needed, the values of the desired fields can be changed directly from the delivery shipment form.
- Set default values for fields such as product weight, UoM, FedEx packaging, FedEx Service, etc.
Before You Generate FedEx Shipment in Odoo
Please keep the following points in mind to avoid getting an error message while placing a delivery with FedEx Shipping Carrier:
1.) Valid Credentials
- Please use the correct FedEx credentials to configure the module to successfully generate the shipment in the Odoo backend and on the website.
2.) Correct destination and sender address
- The addresses entered in the order for both user/receiver and warehouse/sender should be valid entries to process the shipping successfully. The addresses and range from the source to the destination depending upon the type of service availed from FedEx by the Odoo admin.
3.) A non-zero weight of the package
- The product added to FedEx shipping should not have zero as the listed weight in the Odoo otherwise the shipment generation request returns an error from FedEx. To avoid this, the admin can also set a default weight to be automatically sent to the FedEx in case the product in case the listed weight is zero.
4.) You need to put the product in a pack to generate a shipping label
Dedicated Support For Your Odoo FedEx Shipping Integration Module
Webkul's dedicated support provides you with the customizations and troubleshooting solutions for your Odoo FedEx Shipping Integration module.
For any query or issue please CREATE A TICKET HERE