Opencart Multi Vendor Avalara Extension: Opencart Multi Vendor Avalara Extension allows the admin and the sellers to configure tax for their products. A seller can create an account with Avalara and incorporate Avalara’s services to Webkul Opencart Marketplace.
Avalara is an advanced tax software which provides simplified solutions for automated tax calculations for e-commerce businesses which include sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and others.
It provides a flexible and a cost-effective way to handle the sales tax for online merchants. It also includes real-time sales and tax calculations for your online business.
- This extension is an add-on to the marketplace module, you must be using Webkul OpenCart Marketplace.
- For sandbox account, the module works only on US address.
- The Tax Rates are calculated on the basis of only Postal Code of Seller and Customer.
- The admin can add the name of the tax.
- The tax will be created automatically through API of Avalara.
- It will create geo zones for all zones automatically.
- Tax rates and tax class can also be created automatically.
- The customer can see the real-time tax as per Avalara taxes.
- The seller can add Avalara account details to apply Avalara Tax on their product.
The admin can configure the module and the set the extension type as Modules. The admin can:
- Set the module as Avalara Tax Integration in the given module list.
- Set the configurations for the Avalara Tax Integration.
- Create the Avalara account.
- Set the tax rate name for the Opencart Account.
- Set the postal code for the store.
- Set the Geo Zone, Tax Class and Tax Rates for Avalara.
Implementing Tax on Product
The admin can:
- Enable the tax rates under the product list.
- Choose a product from the list on which the tax is to be levied.
- Set the Tax Class, under the data tab on the edit product page.
Creating Avalara Account
The admin can create a new account with Avalara.
- Admin receives an email which includes the Avalara username and password details.
- The credentials received can be configured with the Opencart account.
- Admin can add the information of the company, tax collection details and activate the company.
- Admin can verify the tax calculator once the company is set up.
Validating the Tax
A user can validate the tax under the Origin and Destination for both the admin and customer.
- The address details of the admin are configured under Origin.
- The address details of the customer are configured under Destination.
- After validating the tax, the admin can save the document details.
- Admin can save the line item by clicking on save line item.
- Admin can add more regions for tax calculation.
The Seller can add the tax details at the seller end.
- The tax levied by the seller will be applicable to the seller’s products.
- A seller can set the mode to use it live or in Sandbox mode.
- Configure the Avalara’s username and password.
- A seller can set the postal code for the store.
- A seller can add or edit the products in the product list.
The customer can make a purchase after the admin configures the Avalara tax on the products. The tax will be levied on the products, accordingly.
- The Avalara tax imposed will be visible when the customer adds the products to the cart.
- Once the products are added to cart, on the shopping cart page the Avalara Tax can be viewed.
- The customer can edit the address and view the final tax in the checkout page.
- A customer can view the order under the order history tab.