In case the admin wants to restrict a few shipping and payment options for certain products and category types. The admin can decide which shipping and payment options to use for categories and products using the Magento 2 payment restriction and shipping restriction module.
Therefore, the following module restricts the shipping and payment methods that the admin doesn't want to use for specific products and categories rather than completely disabling them for the store. The customer can view the assigned shipping and payment methods when placing an order during checkout.
The module supports the restriction on both products and categories. The product's shipping and payment restrictions for Magento 2 take precedence over the category restrictions..
Limit Payment Methods
Limit or permit payment options for different products and categories.
Restrict Shipping Methods
For specific products and categories, restrict or permit shipping options.
Product Base Restriction
The admin can apply payment and shipping methods restrictions on the selected products.
Restrictions Based on Categories
Using the module, the admin can quickly enable and disable the restriction on the payment and shipping methods in Magento 2 according to the categories.
Only show available shipping and payment options to the customers at the time of checkout. The customer can see the limited shipping and payment options while placing an order.
What is the need for Magento 2 Payment Restriction & Shipping Restriction module?
The owner of the store occasionally wants to restrict the use of particular shipping and payment methods for each product and category. But in default Magento, the store owner cannot restrict the use of shipping and payment methods for individual products or categories. Payment and shipping complete the transactions, strengthen mutual trust and marks the highest form of the business adventure for both parties.
Thus, the foundation of a successful online store is providing a flawless and welcoming shipping and payment experience. When choosing a payment method and the shipping method at the checkout, the Magento 2 payment restriction and shipping restriction extension came into the picture.
In default Magento 2, the store owner can only disable the shipping and payment methods for the entire store. But the Magento 2 payment and shipping restriction module will tailor your requirements. Using the Magento 2 payment and shipping restriction module, the store owner can put restrictions on the product and category level for what shipping or payment methods should be accessible to your customers as they place their orders.
What if there are Multiple Items in the Shopping Cart, each with Different Shipping & Payment Options?
The restrictions applied on product's payment and shipping take precedence over the restriction applied to a particular category. In this situation, it would determine which shipping and payment options are frequently used among the various products in the cart before showing them appropriately at the checkout.
If no shipping or payment method has been assigned to any products, an automatic check will be made to see if any categories have restrictions on shipping or payment methods. It combines the payment and shipping methods for each product according to the categories to which it belongs.
The next step is to identify the multiple union sets created for each product using the same payment and shipping methods. Additionally, the one step checkout in Magento 2 will show these common shipping and payment options.
The module has a two-way restriction: one on product and another on category.
- The shipping and payment restrictions placed on the product take priority over those on the category.
- Display the payment and shipping methods as per the product restriction.
- If there is no restriction on the product, then the payment and shipping options are shown as per the category restriction.
- All currently active shipping and payment methods in Magento 2 will be available at checkout if there are no restrictions on both.
Set Restriction On Products
Make sure that products that need special handling are delivered using the appropriate shipping and payment methods. In this module, the admin can:
- Set up the shipping and payment options for each product separately.
- Set up the different shipping and payment options for a product.
- Limit the shipping and payment options for the simple, configurable, virtual, and downloadable product types.
- Restrict the payment and shipping methods for the available products before Magento 2 payment and shipping restriction module is installed.
- Two fields are available to the admin on the product edit page: Select Shipping - Select the shipping options you want to make available for that specific product. Select Payment- Select the payment options you want to accept for that specific product.
Set Restriction On Categories
Prevent customers from using specific shipping or payment methods by creating assigned categories. The admin can:
- Set up the shipping and payment options separately for each category.
- Create different shipping and payment options for a category.
- Restrict or allow different shipping and payment options for the parent and child categories.
- Restrict the number of shipping and payment methods available for the categories that already existed prior to the module's installation.
- The admin will have two fields to fill out on the category edit page: Select Shipping Method - Decide which shipping options you want to make available for that specific category. Select Payment Method - Select the payment options you want to accept for that specific category.
Mapping of Payment and Shipping
By going to the section for payment shipping mapping, the admin can map the shipping methods with the payment methods.
- From the Add Mapping section, the admin can create a new mapping.
- The mapping list is visible to the admin.
- The admin can choose the preferred shipping method and payment method that must be saved.
- If neither the mapped shipping nor the payment methods are selected, then no payment method will be displayed for the mapped shipping method.
With this module, the admin can control the checkout process more thoroughly.
- The admin can easily decide which shipping and payment methods to assign.
- While placing an order, the customer can see the restricted shipping and payment options.
- If the cart contains multiple products, it displays common shipping and payment options.
- Magento 2 payment restrictions and shipping restrictions will not create any new shipping or payment method.
- If no restrictions are placed on the category, then all active shipping and payment options will be presented to you at checkout.
For any query or issue please create a support ticket here http://webkul.uvdesk.com/.
You may also check our quality Magento 2 Extensions.