Magento 2 EFK Setup: A centralized cluster-level logging stack can help you quickly sort through and analyze the heavy volume of log data generated while running multiple services and applications. The Elasticsearch, Fluentd, and Kibana (EFK) stack is one common centralized logging solution. This plan includes a one-time installation and configuration of Elasticsearch, fluent, and Kibana on the servers given by the customer and their integration with Magento and web server logs.
- Elasticsearch, Fluentd, and Kibana installation.
- Webserver (Apache) access logs monitoring via EFK.
- Webserver (Apache) error logs monitoring via EFK
- Magento debug logs monitoring via EFK.
- Magento system logs monitoring via EFK.
- Magento exception logs monitoring via EFK.
- Dashboard creation for quick access.
- User authentication management interface using Kibana plugin.
- Visualize all the generated logs stored in one place.
Elasticsearch is a search engine that is real-time, distributed, and scalable, allowing both organized search and analytics. Elasticsearch is based on the Lucene library. It provides a multitenant-capable full-text search engine with an HTTP web interface and schema-free JSON documents.
- It is widely used for indexing and sorting through large amounts of log data, but can also be used to search for various types of documents.
- Its performance depends on server ram and disk space available.
Fluentd is a log aggregator that will collect Magento logs and webserver (Apache) access and error logs, and ships it to Kibana. Fluentd is an open-source data collector for building the unified logging layer. Once installed on a server, it runs in the background to collect, parse, transform, analyze, and store various types of data.
- It collects log data from a given collection of sources,
- processes the data or converts them into a structured data format and
- then forward them to other services such as Elasticsearch.
Kibana is an open-source data visualization dashboard for Elasticsearch. It provides visualization capabilities on top of the content indexed on an Elasticsearch cluster. Users can create bar, line and scatter plots, or pie charts and maps on top of large volumes of data.
- Kibana is a web interface that allows you to explore your Elasticsearch log data.
- Elasticsearch is commonly deployed with Kibana,
- It is a powerful data visualization frontend and dashboard for Elasticsearch.
Prerequisites for Magento 2 EFK Setup Plan
Elastic search and Kibana will be installed on a different server provided by the customer with the following configuration.
- A scalable Ubuntu server for Elasticsearch
- Kibana setup with 4-6 GB RAM, 2-4 CPU cores.
- Disk storage space should be at least 30-50 GB with the scope of an upgrade if needed.
- Server root or master access to install needed packages and software.
The support period is for 7 days excluding Weekends and will be applicable only for Office working hours as per Indian Standard Time. For any query or issue please create a support ticket here - http://webkul.uvdesk.com/ Mode of Communication are Ticket and Email