What is PWA (Progressive Web Application)?
Progressive Web Applications are enhanced versions of a fully-fledged website. It transforms web pages into intuitive applications that just resemble the app but aren’t one.
PWAfy for Shopify-
To reach a wider audience and to stay on top of your customer's minds, a customer-centric approach is the need of the hour.
This app comes with two different plans, i.e., Monthly & Yearly.
- Executive Plan (monthly): $9
- Premium Plan (yearly): $99
∼Plans related details are discussed ahead in this blog.
Having a PWA is essential for your store as it has the following benefits:
Highlights of the App:
- No need to install it. Simply just add on your home screen.
- Very light on memory.
- Less data-hungry.
- Works well on flaky networks.
- Loaded pages can be viewed even if you don’t have access to your internet i.e., works offline.
- Push notification is one appreciated feature of the Shopify PWA app.
- A hassle-free way to turn your store into an app.
- Makes your website lightning fast.
- Configure app name & icon on android/iOS.
- Completely responsive on almost all platforms.
- Admin can upload and change the application icon.
- Set the splash background color of the Progressive Web Application.
- The admin can add a store app link on the frontend.
Why you need a PWA for your Shopify store?
- PWA can be accessed using any browser, i.e., Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or even Edge. Thus, acting as a single solution for multiple platforms!
- PWA provides more or less the same features as provided by the native applications. Moreover, the total expenditure of PWA is just a portion of what is required for native apps.
- PWA requires 1/3rd of the total efforts to maintain. One update for all the versions. Moreover, the updates are deployed easily without the need for approval.
- All it takes for the PWA to reach the audience is a web browser and a URL. Since PWA is supported by almost all browsers, be it Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge.
- This factor increases the reachability on its own.
- Moreover, PWA acts like a website, and thus, they get indexed in the search engines. So, improving the SEO can easily and organically help you get ranked among top results. Simply revving up the business visibility.
- PWA, in general, is secured as it runs over the SSL protocol. Running on the HTTPS protocol makes sure that the data exchange between the client and server remains secure.
- PWAs don’t require downloading or installing. They can simply be added to the homescreen & get started. Barely occupying any storage with a hassle-free process.
- PWA works fine under poor network conditions. PWAs are built in a way that they can save the tasks performed & later update when connected to the internet.
- PWA loads faster. The PWA works by caching the data to make it fluent than the native apps.
- PWA requires more battery consumption than native apps. The reason being that the PWA operates under a web browsing application (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge) so, they don’t have direct control over the battery.
Go for PWA if your needs follow these:
- If you have just started with the online business because it is SEO friendly to reach the audience first.
- Moreover, when getting started with a new business, there are tons of expenses. Going with PWA will help you with this factor as well.
- Want your customers to access content even in poor network conditions.
and many other reasons provided above!
This is the frontend link for the demo store: https://pwa-demo-shop.myshopify.com/pages/demo. To get the backend details, drop us an email at email@example.com
For any query or issue please create a support ticket here http://webkul.uvdesk.com
You may also check our other top-quality Shopify Apps.