The CS-Cart Amazon S3 add-on helps the CS-Cart store owners offload their website's static content(such as images, videos, and other media files) to Amazon S3 cloud storage. Using this add-on, the store owner can upload various product files like - CSS, JS, and downloadable product images and videos to the Amazon S3 cloud storage server.
The admin can speed up and improve the responsiveness of his website by storing static content on Amazon S3. If your website is growing and traffic is increasing, Amazon S3 can easily handle the increase in static content, ensuring that your website continues to perform well.
If you are looking for an add-on that allows updating the order status in bulk, then you can check the CS-Cart Mass Order Status Update add-on(which needs to be purchased separately).
Download files Via Amazon S3
The customers will be able to download the files directly from the Amazon S3 link that gets generated for their downloadable files.
Upload files to Amazon Server
In addition to CSS and JS files, product images and downloadable files are uploaded to the Amazon S3 server.
Shift Load of Local Sever
By storing the information on a remote server (Amazon S3), this extension helps distribute the data load.
Faster website performance
Storing static content on Amazon S3 can reduce the load on your website's server, making it faster and more responsive.
Why use CS-Cart Amazon S3 Add-On?
CS-Cart Amazon S3 add-on allows the admin to integrate their store with Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service). Using Amazon S3, users can store and retrieve data from anywhere on the Internet using a highly scalable and reliable cloud storage service. This CS-Cart Amazon S3 add-on allows you to save the store's media files, such as product images, downloadable files, and other static content, on Amazon S3 instead of storing them on your server.
It thereby helps to reduce the load on the server and improves the website performance. Also, if you want to add YouTube & Vimeo videos to the product gallery, check the CS-Cart Product Video Gallery(which needs to be purchased separately).
Amazon S3 Configuration
The admin will configure the settings required for setting up the CS-Cart Amazon S3 service from the CS-Cart backend. Here, the admin will
- Enter the bucket name, S3 access key, and S3 secret key, and then enters the Amazon S3 region.
- The admin will check the bucket availability after that.
- The admin will save the configuration settings after that.
- Lastly, the admin will upload the CSS, JS files, and images for the products by tapping the respective links.
Downloadable Product Creation
The admin will create a downloadable product using the default workflow of the CS-Cart. After that, the admin will add the downloadable file of the product.
- Under configuration settings, tap on the respective links for uploading the product data to the Amazon S3 server.
- The downloadable file of the product is uploaded to the Amazon S3 server.
- The customers under their download section will find the downloadable product file.
- The downloadable file will be retrieved and downloaded from the Amazon S3 server.
Amazon S3 Storage Advantages
Amazon S3 storage service has a lot of advantages for your website, some of which include the below-mentioned points.
- Storing static content on Amazon S3 can reduce the load on your website's server, making it faster and more responsive.
- As your website grows and traffic increases, Amazon S3 can easily handle the increased demand for static content, ensuring your website continues to perform well.
- Amazon S3 is a highly cost-effective way to store large amounts of data, so offloading your website's static content to S3 can help reduce your website hosting costs.