PrestaShop Marketplace Manufacturer/Brand - A brand is an identity of a product. In eCommerce, where thousands of products are available, a brand is only the thing that helps customers to distinguish between two same kinds of products. That's why it becomes even more necessary to list out the product along with their brands.
Currently, only the admin has the ability to create & manage brands in the marketplace. Due to this, sellers of the marketplace need to contact every time they need any help with the management of brands.
Now, this would not be the case anymore cause of this module. The PrestaShop Marketplace Manufacturer/Brand module will be providing the ability to manage/add/edit the brands to the sellers on their own. This will benefits both i.e., admin as well as marketplace sellers.
Note: This module is an add-on of the marketplace module. To use this module, you must install PrestaShop Advanced Multi-Vendor Marketplace first.
Sellers can now create brands of their own.
The functionality to edit or delete the brands will be available at the seller's end.
Assign Product to Brands
Choose to assign new as well as existing products to the brands.
Establishes Product Identity
Products offered under brand names help to establish the identity of the brand among potential customers.
PrestaShop Marketplace Manufacturer/Brand Features
- Sellers can create manufacturers (brands) for their products.
- Sellers can assign manufacturers (brands) to the existing as well as new products.
- Make the seller manufacturers (brands) approval necessary.
- Allow or restrict sellers from assigning admin’s manufacturers (brands) to their own products.
- Choose to enable or disable the automatic approval of seller’s manufacturers (brands).
- Edit or delete the seller’s manufacturers (brands).
- Add manufacturers on seller’s behalf and assign manufacturers (brands) to seller’s products.
- Delete Manufacturer's products in Bulk.
- The module is multi-shop compatible with PrestaShop Advanced Multi-Vendor Marketplace version 5.4.0/3.4.0 and above.
Create and Manage Manufacturers/Brand - Seller End
Post-installation, a new tab "Manage Brand" is added to the seller's marketplace account. The seller can add as many brands as required and associate the products with the brands. Post creation, the seller can view a list of brands and a list of the products assigned to a brand by clicking on the brands name. Also, the seller can delete the products assigned to a brand.
Manage Manufacturer/Brand - Admin's End
A separate tab "Manage Brand" is added to the Prestashop back office from where the admin can view a list of brands added by the sellers. Admin can approve, disapprove, edit, and delete the brands. Also, the admin can add the brand on behalf of a seller.
All the brands added by the marketplace sellers are displayed on the category page at the front end. Customers can view a list of brands and a list of products associated with a particular brand.