Magento 2 Marketplace Request for Quotation: Request For Quotation (RFQ) is a standard business process where the buyer invites multiple suppliers into a bidding process to bid on specific products or services. After receiving the RFQs, each seller sends its own quote for the product to the buyer. After approving the quote, the buyer can then purchase the product at the competitive price.
Magento 2 Marketplace Request For Quotation (RFQ) allows the customer to send the RFQs to the marketplace sellers. Each seller can view and manage the RFQ from their end. The admin can configure auto or manual approval of RFQs from the back-end.
With the help of Marketplace RFQ, the admin can create custom fields for the RFQ form. These additional fields allow the customer to provide detailed specifications of the items/services to the sellers. The more detailed the product specifications, the more accurate and comparable will be quotes.
Please Note - This is a Marketplace add-on, so must install Webkul Magento 2 Multi-Vendor Marketplace extension.
Custom Attribute Fields
The admin can create customized fields for the RFQ form.
RFQ for Unavailable Product
Customers can send RFQs even if the product doesn’t exist in the marketplace.
Upload Image File
Customers can upload image files with the RFQ.
Logged In customers
Only Logged-In customers can send RFQs.
Map attribute set with category
This module allows admin to map attribute set with a category so that an attribute field can be shown on RFQ form.
Send RFQ to selected sellers
The admin can send the request for a quote to one or multiple sellers by selecting the checkbox from the seller list.
Request for Quotation or RFQ Marketplace Add-on can be used by buyers to contact various suppliers at once. RFQ is generally required when a buyer is looking for custom product or service which is not available on the store.
In these types of products, the requirement is gathered, discussed, price and quantity are negotiated and then the deal is closed. Magento 2 RFQ Marketplace Add-on will enable the customers to send the request for quotation to all the sellers at once. After that, each seller can manage the query from their end and discuss it with the customer.
RFQ Management- Admin end
RFQ is a standard reverse auction process. Using this module, the admin can efficiently manage the RFQ from the admin panel. Using this module the admin can
- Configure the settings for the Marketplace RFQ extension.
- The admin can enable or disable the module status.
- The admin can set the minimum default quantity for the RFQ.
- RFQ approval required by admin – Yes or No.
This module provides the e-mail notification for Marketplace Request For Quote to the sellers and as well as to the customers. The admin can select the e-mail templates for the following events
- When new RFQ is created by the customer (After admin approval).
- When the customer sends a reply to the seller.
- When the seller sends a reply to the customer.
- This is also one of the best modules to communicate between the seller and the customer about requested quote via email.
RFQ Form Custom Fields
The admin can create custom fields (attributes) for the RFQ form. This module helps admin to manage-
- Custom fields from the admin panel.
- Show/hide custom form fields.
- Help admin to obtain additional information about quotation request.
- Manage labels for the custom fields.
Send Quote Request to Sellers
Admin can set the “Request For Quote Approval Required” as Yes or No. Using this
- If this option is chosen Yes, then admin will view and manage the quote request.
- And if this option is selected as No, then requested quote is sent to the seller without admin permission.
- Admin can manage the quote request from the backend panel.
- This option will help admin to manage the requested quote easily.
Request For Quote Button
After enabling this module, on every product page the 'Request for Quote' button will appear. Using this button, the customer can request for the product quote.
- This button will allow the customer to request for the quote.
- After clicking on the Request for Quote button, the customer can fill the RFQ form.
- After receiving the quote from the customer, the admin can manage the quote request from the admin panel.
- When the customer clicks the 'Request For Quote' button, the product information will be fetched automatically into the RFQ form.
Note: The customer needs to Log-In for sending the Request For Quotation to the sellers.
Request For Quotation Form
If a customer wants to receive quotations for the product which is not available on the marketplace, the customer can still send an RFQs to the sellers. The customer can provide the following information for the Request For Quotation:
- The customer can enter the product name for which a customer wants the quote.
- The customer can upload sample images for the product.
- The customer can enter the bulk order quantity for which customer wants to receive the quote.
- The customer can select the Tax class for the product.
- Write product description including other necessary details.
- Provide additional information using custom fields (If any).
Note: In Admin Attribute Information, customer name attribute can be only in “Text Field Type.”
My Requested Quotes
After creating the RFQs, the customers can manage them easily from the customer’s account section. Here, the customer can-
- View RFQ information.
- Check the status of all the requests as - Sent to Sellers or Pending.
- View the quotes given by the sellers.
- Communicate with sellers for the quote.
Status of the Quote
Every quotation of the seller is automatically divided into five different status -
- Open – When the customer sends a reply to the seller, the quote status will become ‘Open’.
- Pending – All the new requests will be under ‘Pending’ status.
- Answered – When the seller sends a reply to the customer, the quote status will become ‘Answered.’
- Resolved – When the customer accepts the offered quotation of the seller, its status will become ‘Resolved.’
- Closed – When the customer accepts the offered quotation of the seller, its status will become ‘Closed’ for other sellers.
With the help of this extension, each seller can communicate with the customer. Using buyer-seller communication feature, both the parties can send and receive messages. Using this module-
- Buyer can Approve Quotation.
- The Seller can update the bulk quantity and per unit price.
- Send sample images with a message.
- Easy to communicate between buyer and seller for the quote.
Magento 2 Marketplace Request for Quotation module adds reverse auction feature which is the revolutionary feature in your marketplace. In reverse auction sellers bid for the prices at which they are willing to sell their products.
In the module, the customer can request for a product according to their requirement. Once a request is approved by admin, sellers of the marketplace can send quote price as a bid price for that request to fulfill the requirement of the customer.
Further, the customer can choose the lowest quote/bid price to purchase the product. The customer will accept the quote/bid price and purchase the product from the seller on the lowest price.
Complete Features List
- Admin can approve RFQs automatically or manually.
- ‘Request For Quote’ button on all the product pages.
- Create custom attributes fields for the RFQ form.
- Allow customers to send RFQs even if the product doesn’t exist in the marketplace.
- Email notifications for new RFQ, seller reply, and customer reply.
- Customer and seller can communicate from their RFQ dashboard.
- Customers can upload image files with the RFQ.
- Sellers can update the bulk order quantity.
- Quotation status – pending, open, answered, resolved, closed.
- Other sellers cannot contact the customer once the quotation is resolved.
- Only Logged-In customers can send RFQs.
- Supports multiple languages and translations.
- Module source code is 100% open for customization.
- The admin can select the sellers from the list and send the RFQ to whom the quote should go.
- The admin can map attributes with the category to display attribute field on RFQ form.
- The customer can select the desired product attribute with the RFQ.
For any query or issue please create a support ticket here http://webkul.uvdesk.com/