Now, the admin of the store can add the functionality to manage subscriptions and recurring payments for the products. Here, the admin can easily configure the Adobe Commerce PayPal recurring payment that can be used by the customers to make checkout easy.
Apart from that, the admin can manage the duration type and subscriptions as well. The customers make the subscription for the allowed products on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. Also, the Recurring Payments & Subscription extension is compatible with Hyvä Themes.
Magento 2 Recurring Payment Extension - Highlighted Features
The admin can check all the subscriptions for various subscription products and can see the recurring payment details of a particular customer as well.
Manage Duration Type
Create duration types for the subscription that will be applied to the products later. Duration types can be set as daily, weekly, monthly and yearly.
Online and Offline Payments
It supports online recurring payments using PayPal and Stripe as well as offline recurring payments using cheques or money orders.
Set Recurring Payment
Setup the online recurring payments using PayPal and Stripe. The customers will find the methods at the time of checkout.
Why Do We Need Magento 2 Recurring and Subscription Extension?
Magento 2 Recurring and Subscription Extension is useful for businesses that sell products or services on a subscription basis for eg. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, or Spotify. It allows customers to purchase products or services on a recurring basis, such as daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly. Such as digital downloads for music, videos, premium news articles, ebooks, online classes etc.
Magento 2 Recurring Payment Extension Configuration
To configure Magento 2 recurring payment extension, the admin will enable the extension from the backend. After that, the admin has to select the subscription price scope as global or website to set the scope for using the extension as Global or Website wise.
- Enable or disable the extension.
- Select the subscription price scope.
- Select the mode as Sandbox or Production.
- Enter the title for the recurring payment method visible at the front.
- Configure the PayPal API username, password, and signature.
- Select to receive payments from all applicable countries or specific ones.
- Set the sort order to display the payment method at checkout.
Manage Duration Type for Magento 2 Subscription Payments
Under here, create the duration type for the subscription payments that will be applied to the products later. The duration types can be created on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis.
If you have already created a subscription duration, no other same duration type can again be created.
- Add a title for the subscription duration like daily, weekly, and others.
- Set the numeric number representing the set title.
- Enable the duration type.
- Set the sort order for the duration type.
Manage Magento 2 Recurring Payments
Under here, the admin will have all the recurring subscriptions that have been made for the various subscription products. The admin can find the details regarding the subscriptions like - order ID, product name, customer name, subscription type, reference profile ID, and an option to view the details. The admin can also cancel the customer subscriptions by selecting the subscription and tapping the unsubscribe option available.
- Check the subscription information.
- View subscription details.
- Select orders with Magento 2 recurring payments detail.
- Check Magento 2 recurring payment details for the particular customer.
- Cancel the customer subscriptions.
Create a Subscription Product
Now, allow your customers to subscribe to products or services and pay using recurring payments. It surely helps in holding up the customers of your web store and thus creates a consistent stream of sales for your store.
- Enable subscription option for the product with Magento 2 subscription extensions.
- Choose the duration type for the product.
- Add initial fee, and subscription charges applicable for the chosen duration types.
Customer Workflow for Adobe Commerce Recurring and Subscription
The customers should be logged in to purchase the product using the recurring payment type. After login, the customer will find a Subscribe button. Tapping it up brings up a pop-up to select any of the listed subscription plans. The customer can choose a plan that suits him best and then can make a checkout as per their chosen plan. The customers can also check their subscriptions under their account panel. Also, they can unsubscribe anytime from the subscriptions that they have made.
- Select a subscription plan by choosing a start date.
- Tap the subscribe button to add a product to the cart as normal.
- At checkout select, customers can make payment using cheque or money order (offline payment method) or Magento 2 PayPal recurring payment (online payment method).
- Redirected to PayPal website for payment.
- Customers can view their subscription details.
- Customers can unsubscribe from their subscriptions.