Progressive Web App for WooCommerce: Progressive Web App for WooCommerce uses modern web technologies to deliver an app-like experience to the users right within their web browsers. This extension is built on top of the React.js library, which makes it even more powerful, flexible, fast, and scalable.
This plugin converts your WooCommerce webstore into a Progressive Web App instantly. The store visitors will experience the high-performance benefits of the Progressive Web App, which is based on a headless architecture.
- Your website must be https:// enabled for offline caching to work.
- Get one free payment method integration with PWA (Limited Period Offer)
The Progressive Web App is lightning fast as compared to a website thereby increasing user engagement.
No need to update the PWA as compared to the traditional apps.
The PWA respond even if you are disconnected from the internet connection.
Native App-Like Experience
PWA always feels like the end user is using a native application.
Home Screen Shortcut
Name of the shortcut added to the home screen can be set by the store owner.
The admin can easily customize the theme and background color for the PWA.
What is the need for this extension?
This extension converts your online webstore into a Progressive Web App which looks and works the same as a native-like app. It can also be installed just like the other native apps so that the users can access them in one click from their home screen.
Also, there is no need to update the PWA as it’s always updated, and you can customize and make changes within the app swiftly.
As PWAs provide offline support, the users can now even interact with the app when there is low or no internet connection. The PWAs sync in the background and seamlessly do things, thereby promising a powerful app-like browsing experience to the users.
Before using the mobile PWA version of your website, the admin will have to configure the Progressive Web App configuration settings from the admin backend panel.
After a successful setup, the customers will be able to access the PWA on their mobile apps and experience the rewards of using the same. Here, the admin will -
- Enter the Google Authentication key that’s used for sending in the push notifications.
- Enter a user name(as per your like) that is used for security purposes.
- Set up the password for the entered username.
- Enter the mobile app name visible on the splash screen.
- Enter the short name that is used for the app shortcut on the home screen.
- Choose the theme and background color for the splash screen.
- Upload the app Icons of different sizes.
Banners are custom image-based banners that can be added by the admin. The admin can add multiple numbers of banners as required. The admin can also find all of the created banners and can edit/delete them as required. The admin can add the banner by -
- Uploading an Image for the Banner
- Selecting the type of banner to create like - Product or Category
- Selecting the respective product or category according to the chosen banner type
- Enable or disable the banner as required
Featured products are a great way to promote specific items on your website and you can add the featured products within your Progressive Web App as well. They can be added by the admin and are then visible within your store’s PWA.
- Promote specific items on your webstore within the PWA
- Easy to add the featured products Add multiple numbers of featured products
- Admin can select and assign featured products for PWA from the backend.
- Make products as ‘Featured’ by enabling the ‘Featured’ icon under the Star column
The featured categories can also be used to promote specific categories. These categories contain multiple numbers of products. On the PWA shop-page end user can view featured categories set by admin of the site from the backend. The admin of the webstore will be able to -
- Add multiple featured categories for the PWA
- See a complete list of featured categories already added
- Delete any added category individually or in mass as required
- Set the sort order for the added categories
- Select a category to add as featured
- Set the status for the featured category
PWAs now provide the feature that only the native apps would be able to provide earlier like the push notifications. The admin can find a list of added notifications for the PWA. The admin can add/delete and send notifications in bulk by selecting the notifications first and then choosing the respective option from the ‘Actions‘ drop-down.
- PWAs now provide the feature that only the native apps would be able to provide earlier like the push notifications.
- The admin can find a list of added notifications for the PWA.
- The admin can add/delete and send notifications in bulk by selecting the notifications first and then choosing the respective option from the ‘Actions‘ drop-down.
The admin of the webstore can easily add external links to the Progressive Web Application that redirects the customers to the external resources. For example, the admin can add support, blog, links.
Now, when a customer taps on these links within the PWA they are redirected to the set pages. This allows the customers to easily navigate to respective resources.
- Add multiple external links for resources that should be accessible to customers
- Add the title for the external link that is visible in the PWA
- Add the external link where the customer be navigated to after tapping the link
- A neat way to add sources for customers
- Lightweight App.
- Easy to customize and make changes.
- More user-friendly than a web application.
- Offline support for the PWA.
- Responsive design template for Progressive Web App.
- Shimmer effect used for unobtrusive loading indicator.
- Work with low-quality internet also.
- No need to update the Progressive Web App.
- Looks & feels like a native application.
- Increases user engagement in the store.
- Customize the theme and background color for the PWA.
- Set the text that is displayed within the splash screen
- Add the App icon text visible on the mobile device.
For any query or issue please create a support ticket here http://webkul.uvdesk.com/