Magento 2 Learning Management System: With the help of the Learning Management System module, the admin will find a new product type, namely Course Product. It leverages the admin to create multiple trending online courses.
For these courses, the admin can create multiple content sections and add new content, such as videos or pdf files under Content and Assignment, respectively. The main focus is to provide the customers with a common arena where they can look for trending online courses and benefit from the same.
Highlighted Features of Magento 2 Learning Management System
New Product Type
The admin has the leverage to create courses under a new product type, namely course product.
Uploading Videos/Doc Files
This extension allows admin to add videos and document files for the respective course under content and assignment respectively.
This module allows the customers to ask questions regarding the purchased online course(s) under the QnA section.
The customers can even add relevant reviews for online courses.
Learning Management System - What is it?
A system which facilitates an eLearning process (websites such as udemy, coursera.org), most of all, it establishes a connection between the learners and trainers all around the globe.
Apart from saving time and cost, an e-learning platform offers a wide range of courses which the users can access anytime and anywhere, in just a mouse tap. Also, users can even track the progress of their respective course(s).
Magento 2 LMS (Learning Management System) is one such extension that offers an opportunity to our store owners to sell courses through their stores. These courses are created under Course Product type, and the store owner can choose to list the courses under a fresh Category, let’s say, ‘Online Courses.’
As LMS initiates easy access to online information, it also provides an upper hand for the store owners as they can befit by generating sales conversions.
Why do we need the Learning Management System for Magento 2?
With times things change and as digitization has taken over in this modern era, it has shown its effects in every corner of the society. Having said this, digitization has changed the scenario of how education is carried out nowadays, and yes, here we are talking about online courses.
The distance learning courses have made it compact and easy for the learners and the trainers as both can come and meet a common arena. Most of all, one can impart knowledge and one can gain knowledge through and across their systems, without having to go anywhere.
This feature can be integrated with our online stores in the form of the Learning Management System and the store owner can offer their customers a specific category to display online courses. The customers can choose to buy the desired courses and even refer them to other candidates or aspirants.
Framing LMS Configurations
In order to experience great user engagement, the store owners must integrate the LMS feature with their online stores.
- The admin can set the permissions under Stores > Configuration
- The LMS tab includes some essential configurations which the admin sets.
- Fields such as enrolled students, show course sections, course duration are set.
- Also, the progress bar is allowed by the admin which depicts the percentage of course completion.
- The admin can facilitate social sharing options for referring courses to other aspirants.
Procreating LMS Courses
LMS for Magento 2 unveils a new product type named as Course Product, specifically under which the admin can add courses.
- The admin can create these online courses under a specific product type, namely, course product.
- The course product is created just as a normal or simple product is created.
- On saving the product details, the course content and product review tabs become visible.
- Under the course content, the admin can add or configure the sections for the course.
- The created sections can be initialized under content or assignment under add new content tab.
- Videos and doc files for them can be added under content and assignment, respectively.
Common Arena for Trainers and Learners
Without any second thought, LMS or Learning Management System is the need of the hour, especially for the keen learners and trainers all around the globe.
- The customers can log in to their accounts and purchase the desired online course.
- The homepage displays a specific category to display online courses.
- The courses which the customer purchases are listed under My Account > My Course.
- In the QnA section, the customer can raise questions relevant to the online courses after purchasing it.
- If customers can even add reviews if the course is satisfactory and useful.
- The customers can share and recommend the courses over various social platforms after purchasing it.