The most essential part of any Marketplace is undoubtedly a smooth-running payment solution. After all, it is the payment method that has to manage and process all the crucial information of a customer. This is even essential to retain the customer’s trust. Obviously, in the end, no customer wants to hear that their card information is revealed to be cyber fraud.
Therefore, big giants focus on integrating trusted payment methods with their marketplaces and thus make a mark in the e-Commerce world. Integrating Paypal with Magento 2 can thus turn out to be fruitful as it facilitates a split payment functionality amongst the sellers and the store owner.
Please Note -
- This is a marketplace add-on, so you need to install Webkul's Magento 2 Multi Vendor first.
- For the efficient utilization of this module, it is a must to activate PayPal Commerce in the account. For more details please connect with PayPal Commerce via the link.
- This module is not compatible with the multi-checkout address feature.
- PayPal Commerce Platform supports these countries - US, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Canada, Austria, Germany, Ireland.
PayPal for Customers
The store owner can incorporate the PayPal Payment Gateway to offer a smooth and secure payment process.
This module aids Instant and Delayed payment modes, i.e. either seller receives the amount instantly or the admin transfers the amount manually.
Seller Authentication with PayPal
The sellers have the leverage to allow PayPal for their customers to make payments.
Refunds can be processed by both the admin and the sellers from their respective panels.
Why do we need the Adobe Commerce PayPal Commerce Marketplace Module?
When setting up a marketplace, one of the prime and foremost requirements for any store owner is to integrate a good-to-go, secure and trustworthy payment gateway. Of course, it's an essential step to gain a customer's trust as no customer will be happy about losing their money to fraud while purchasing from your website.
If this happens, then it shall generate a sense of insecurity in your customer's mind, and you end up losing a valuable customer. PayPal Commerce Marketplace Plugin facilitates the admin to inculcate the PayPal Services for the marketplace.
The store admin can allow two different types of payment modes, i.e. Instant or Delayed. The Instant payment mode dispurses the amount to the seller as soon as the customer makes the payment.
Unlike the Instant Payment mode, the delayed payment requires the admin to manually transfer the amount to the seller from the admin panel. Further, this module allows, both the admin and the sellers to process the refund for the customers from their respective panels.
PayPal Solution Provider
PayPal is the world's leading online payment company. Webkul is proud to be partnered with PayPal for developing customized payment solutions for e-commerce stores, marketplaces, mobile apps, and other platforms.
Webkul as PayPal's Preferred Developer & System Integrator solution provider, aims to help clients from all across the markets to grow their businesses. Providing end-to-end assistance, development, and integration to design flexible solutions with PayPal products and services.
- Accept 100+ currencies from local and international customers.
- Safeguard transactions with Seller Protection and PCI Compliance.
- Fraud prevention, dispute resolution, and 24x7 transaction monitoring.
Obtaining Client ID and Secret Key
To use PayPal Services, the admin of a store has to first gather the client id and the secret key.
- Initially, the admin must create an app with PayPal.
- This requires the admin to log in to PayPal Developers Account.
- Once logged in, the admin can create an app under the My Apps and Credentials page.
- The admin needs to add the App Name and choose Sandbox Developers Account and proceed to create the app.
- Finally, the admin needs to choose either Sandbox or Production account, for which the client id and secret key are to be generated.
Store Owner Permissions
PayPal, which is known to be one of the most trusted Payment Gateways, is in demand, and store owners are integrating this Payment Method so offer their customers a secure and fraud-free payment process.
- The admin can enable PayPal for their customers.
- To make use of PayPal Services, the admin needs to collect the client id and the secret key.
- The admin can choose the disbursement mode as Instant or Delayed.
- A title may be set for the payment method, which displays on the front end.
- The admin must choose either sandbox or production mode, as need be.
- To display this payment on the front end, the admin can set the sort order.
- Thereafter, the admin can tap on Generate Webhooks, which in turn generates sandbox webhooks on PayPal’s account.
PayPal Commerce: Instant and Delayed
PayPal Commerce, which was formerly known as PayPal for Partners, provides effective solutions for users where they can sell or buy products or services.
This module as well supports PayPal Commerce i.e. Instant or Delayed payments.
- While setting the configurations, the admin may choose either Instant or Delayed against the Disbursement Mode tab.
- If chosen Instant, the seller amount is instantly transferred to the seller.
- On choosing Delayed, the admin has to manually transfer the amount to the seller. If funds are not disbursed within 28 days, they are automatically disbursed to the seller.
- The admin, as well as the sellers, can view the transaction details for the orders.
- For delayed payments, the seller’s transaction will only display once the admin releases the vendor amount.
- Both the admin and the sellers have the leverage to process the refund for the customers.
Seller PayPal Authentication
PayPal Commerce Marketplace Plugin leverages even the sellers of a marketplace to enable PayPal payment gateway for its users.
- The seller will find a PayPal Onboard menu option in the seller dashboard.
- On clicking PayPal Onboard, a link, Enable PayPal shall be visible.
- It redirects the seller to the first step of the authentication process.
- The seller needs to add the email id and location in the first step.
- In the next step or page, the vendor has to choose the type of account (personal or business).
- Further, the admin will sign up and add business details.
- In the end, the seller will receive a confirmation email which the seller has to verify and finish the authentication process.
- On getting authenticated with PayPal, the seller will receive a message, ‘set up is complete’ in the seller dashboard.
A Secure and Smooth Payment Method for Marketplaces
- The most essential aspect of any Marketplace is a smooth-flowing payment solution.
- For that reason, one can always choose PayPal, which is known for its efficient payment split functionality.
- Initially, to create an account, the users need to enter their credit card details.
- Thereafter, the credit card details are not revealed, not even to the sellers.
- It is free i.e. it does not charge any processing fee or membership fees.
- It ensures that no online payment declines if any user is paying online for a purchase.
- Most of all, one can even transfer funds or money with just a mouse tap.
Payal Supports Branded and Unbranded payments
PayPal offers Branded and Unbranded payments. Branded payments can be made with universal cards. And unbranded payment cards can be used in specified places or for purchases.
- Branded and unbranded payment-supported countries are the US, AU, UK, FR, IT, CA, and ES.
- Only branded payments supported countries are (all European countries) Canada, Austria, Germany, Ireland, US, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
- Another feature of Paypal is to distinguish the sellers by country.
- The admin can configure this feature in their store and seller can select their native country and make the payment accordingly.
- The admin will enable both payment options branded and unbranded.
Minimal Payment Frauds
- Credit card information is in safe hands and PayPal ensures that no hacker tries to misuse the buyer’s critical information.
- Another feature, the One Touch feature of PayPal facilitates the users to just add the login details.
- When the user pays for their online transactions, they will not have to enter the details again.
- Moreover, if a user doesn’t get the product in the right condition, PayPal ensures a full refund for the product.
- Be it a domestic or an international customer, PayPal assures a faster, hassle-free, and secure payment for both.
Why one must choose PayPal for Customers?
- If you do not wish to lose the critical card information to the hackers.
- It assures a refund if the customer(s) do not receive the order/ product in the right condition or at the right time.
- Unlike other payment methods, it offers an added level of security, i.e. it does not save critical info like CVV or pin in the online store’s database.
- It’s free, i.e. and you don’t need to pay any additional charges to avail of PayPal services.
- It offers special discounts which the customers can avail of in the form of promo codes. These codes can be used while making a purchase.
- Initially, the admin enables the PayPal Payment Method for the customers.
- The client and the secret key are to be retrieved for configuring the payment method.
- The admin receives the commission based on the sellers.
- Also, this module supports Instant and Delayed payment Disbursement Modes, i.e. PayPal Commerce.
- To enable PayPal services, the seller must authenticate with PayPal.
- The payment gets split between the seller and the admin.
- Both the admin and the sellers can process the online refund for the customers.
LabX - Laboratory Equipment Marketplace
LabX - LabX Media Group is a leading B2B science media company from Canada that delivers award-winning editorials, essential industry news, analysis, and insights for scientific research and life science community members.
LabX was founded in 1995, with the sole focus on laboratory equipment. Over time, the site has evolved from simple classified listings to an online auction platform.
Now a premier B2B marketplace where professionals shop for instruments, accessories, consumables, and supplies.
Shop ATV Escape- Boosting Revenue and Expanding Customer Reach through Mobile Commerce
Shop ATV Escape, founded in 2005, enhances off-road adventures with quality ATV products. They assist customers in easily discovering and adding suitable items to their ATVs, ensuring maximum fun and satisfaction. Webkul assists Shop ATV Escape in reaching business goals through mobile app development, PayPal integration, and customized enhancements for an improved user experience.
- Shop ATV Escape managing their eCommerce store on Adobe Commerce.
- Now Shop ATV Escape increasing sales and reaching more customers with the help of a mobile App.
- Shop ATV Escape mobile app crossed 5000+ downloads on PlayStore.
- Read the complete Shop ATV Escape Case Study to know more.