Akeneo XML Connector: Akeneo XML Connector extension enables you to import and export products, categories, and attributes from an XML file. The XML Connector can help the Automobile Suppliers so that they can maintain data in standardized attributes or XML format for exchanging large amounts of data digitally.
Auto standards like PIES and ACES, helps manufacturers and sellers enhance their product data which helps in easy sharing and reducing inefficiencies that can arrive by maintaining data in multiple formats. Using this, merchants can manage bulk catalog for XML product data feed, send XML format information to suppliers, upload XML product data on marketplaces.
Filter Product Data
With this module, you can filter the product data like channel, currency, and language.
With this module, you can export/import the product in the XML file to Akeneo and vice versa.
Using this module, you can export/import attributes from Akeneo to XML files.
You can export/import the categories and sub-categories with this module.
What is ACES and PIES standard?
ACES and PIES are automotive industry regulated data formats. PIES or Product Information Exchange Standard (PIES) helps in better management and exchange of product information fields like pricing, delivery information, content, product attributes, etc for all members of the supply chain.
PIES also appoint a machine-readable form (XML) for trading companions to use in exchanging enormous amounts of catalog data electronically ACES or Aftermarket Catalog Exchange Standard defines the standard for communicating product information among the suppliers and other members of the family.
How can we manage ACES and PIES data in Akeneo?
The centralization of data and managing them for multiple sources have put PIM solution at the lead of every section eCommerce including the automotive industry. Using PIM, companies can easily enrich their data with various attributes to provide in-depth information about the product which vastly reduces the operational cost.
Centralizing the data in one place also remove the inaccuracy and make the process efficient. For retailers who want data in the printed format, you can export the data in XLS format or in the form of magazines, brochures, and leaflets.
What are the benefits of this module in Automobile Industries?
Product Information Management works at the core level of the automobile industry. Auto standards like PIES and ACES, helps manufacturers and sellers enhance their product data which helps in easy sharing and reducing inefficiencies that can arrive by maintaining data in multiple formats of industries like Automobile.
Suppliers can maintain data in standardized attributes or in XML format for exchanging large amounts of data digitally. With the availability of a large number of products from various channels and harmonizing product data to meet the expectations of buyers and suppliers, PIM becomes an indispensable part of the section to remove the issue and effectively manage the data.
A product attribute is the characteristics of the product that gives more information about the products. The product attribute is like size and description, color, weight, and price. You can create the attribute and attribute family in Akeneo. To export the product from Akeneo to the XML file, you can create the mapping of the fields in Akeneo.
- You can also create the mapping for the product.
- You can export Akeneo attributes from Akeneo to the XML connector.
- You can create a new attribute for your needs.
With this module, you can filter the product from Akeneo to XML file with the help of Family, Status, Completeness, Time condition, and Category. You can export only use products from Akeneo to XML files.
You can also export the product categories from Akeneo to the XML file. The product will go to the same category in an XML file as it assigned in Akeneo.
- Family– You can select the product family for similar products.
- Status – You can filter the product based on status(Enable, Disable). Akeneo provides the feature to enable and disable the products.
- Completeness - You can filter products with product completeness. You can see the completeness of the product in Akeneo.
- Time Condition – You can filter the product with the time. Like if you have updated the product in Akeneo last hour, then you can select the Time Condition - Updated product from this hour.
- Category – You can filter the product based on the product category and sub-categories.
Categories help to export/import the product which is similar in nature. With this module, you can import the categories of the product. The product will be imported in the same category in Akeneo.
If the XML file product category is available already in Akeneo then the product will be imported in that category and if not available in Akeneo then a new category will be created in Akeneo.
- Import the product in the existing category no duplicate category will create.
- If the product category doesn't exist then it will create a new category.
With this module, we can export/import the product from the XML file to Akeneo and vice versa. For it, you don't have to create the attribute and variant family. To create an export/import profile you have to enter
- Unique Code (SKU)- enter the unique code for the Export Profile.
- Label- enter the Export Profile label.
- Job- Select the XML Export Job profile.
- It will automatically import/export the product attribute and attribute family in Akeneo.
- Separate job to export product from Akeneo to XML file.
- Separate job to import product from XML file to Akeneo.
- Export Categories from Akeneo to XML File.
- Export Attribute from Akeneo to XML File.
- Export Products from Akeneo to XML File.
- Import Categories from XML File to Akeneo.
- Import Attribute from XML File to Akeneo.
- Import Products from XML File to Akeneo.
- The admin can do multiple XML mapping.
Akeneo 7.0.x Compatible -
- In Akeneo Version 7, SKU is no longer mandatory to create a product and now UUID is the new product identifier. (CE, EE).
- Smoother mapping and faster importing. (CE, EE).
- Tailored export can help to improve the readability of your product information export by defining rounding operations for measurement values. (EE)
- In Akeneo Version 7, you can now map columns in your source data to additional attribute types. (EE)
- Tailored imports help you to clean up your HTML Characters (EE).
- Using Tailored imports, we can find and replace specific words in Text and Text Area Attributes. (EE).
- Now we are creating a table attribute you can take advantage of measurement. (EE).
- Now we can use reference entities as a column type in the table attribute(EE).
For any query or issue please create a support ticket here http://webkul.uvdesk.com/