Akeneo DigitalOcean Storage Connector: The store owner connects Akeneo with DigitalOcean Cloud Storage for storing store catalog data. The store owner can provide DigitalOcean credentials in Akeneo Settings panel and do the integration easily then all the Akeneo product files and images will now be saved on the DigitalOcean bucket.
DigitalOcean provides unlimited storage of files and images. You can manage the files and images in Akeneo.
Generate the Asset Web Link in Akeneo
Generate the asset web link of images and files in Akeneo. You can check the asset visibility in the browser.
Change Media Visibility in Akeneo
You can change the asset visibility with the asset visibility button.
If you have provided access to the assets then it will be accessible over the internet anywhere.
What is DigitalOcean?
DigitalOcean is an independent cloud hosting provider company that provides cloud computing services to business entities so that they can differentiate themselves by using DigitalOcean applications that run parallel across multiple cloud servers without compromising on performance.
They can resize them if they need more space, and move them between droplets, all in a very timely manner. The users can perform actions that include creating volumes, attaching, detaching, and retrieving volume information—with curl commands or the official Ruby and Go API wrappers.
What is the Akeneo DigitalOcean integration?
Suppose you’re having an online website with lots of products and data and are having multiple customers globally. But sometimes when multiple buyers increase the traffic over store the website starts lacking speed and the server isn’t able to respond properly.
But as you encounter multiple customers daily and are having lots of data stored on the website, then in such cases relying on the hosted servers sometimes is not an ideal thing.
With the help of this module, the admin can upload downloadable products as well as media files of all Akeneo product types from their local disk to the DigitalOcean server. After uploading the files, the admin can receive a link using which the consumers can download the file from the DigitalOcean server.
The admin can set a local instance or DigitalOcean server on which files will be uploaded.
Reduce System storage
Akeneo DigitalOcean storage is a cloud-based storage system that helps you to store the images and files on the server and provide you to reduce your system storage. Akeneo DigitalOcean integration provides you scalability, reliability, and security for your storage system.
DigitalOcean Credentials in Akeneo
The admin can manage your digital ocean credentials in Akeneo. Admin can set your digital ocean credentials in Akeneo and it automatically uploads all the files and images on DigitalOcean storage.
- The admin can create multiple buckets in DigitalOcean and map it to Akeneo.
- The admin can create folders in the bucket for managing the files and images.
- The admin can manage digital ocean credentials at Akeneo end.
- The admin can set the region and bucket name in the credentials
- The admin can customize the prefix in the catalog storage prefix.
Change Files visibility
Akeneo DigitalOcean integration provides you to change the visibility of the file from the public to private and private to the public using the product page.
- Integrate Akeneo catalog storage to use DigitalOcean storage instead of File storage
- Integrate Akeneo and store the file and images.
- Generate the URL of the product images and files.
- The prefix can be according to you for catalog storage.
- This module is compatible with the latest Akeneo version 4.0.x.
- Added digital ocean visibility icon and message according to the digital ocean visibility.
- Change visibility option on media view.
- Visibility will change private or public.
Akeneo 7.0.x Compatible -
- In Akeneo Version 7, SKU is no longer mandatory to create a product and now UUID is the new product identifier. (CE, EE).
- Smoother mapping and faster importing. (CE, EE).
- Tailored export can help to improve the readability of your product information export by defining rounding operations for measurement values. (EE)
- In Akeneo Version 7, you can now map columns in your source data to additional attribute types. (EE)
- Tailored imports help you to clean up your HTML Characters (EE).
- Using Tailored imports, we can find and replace specific words in Text and Text Area Attributes. (EE).
- Now we are creating a table attribute you can take advantage of measurement. (EE).
- Now we can use reference entities as a column type in the table attribute(EE).
For any query or issue please create a support ticket here http://webkul.uvdesk.com/