CS-Cart Web Push Notification: This impressive add-on allows admin to send push notification directly to the browser. The biggest benefit of push notification is the ability to deliver notifications immediately. Unlike emails that sometimes fail to deliver or go to the spam folder, its prompt and assured content delivery feature ensure that notifications are for sure delivered to the user. As long as the browser is running, the subscribed user gets a pop-up message from the website without having the site open. This improves the user engagement and retention.
Please Note- In order to allow Web Push Notifications for Safari browsers, you will require the Safari Certificates. If you do not own the certificate then you can purchase it from Webkul. The validity of that certificate will be 5 Years.
If you want to create your own certificate, then you need to have Apple's developer account with an individual membership plan worth 99 USD per membership year. For knowing how to create your own certificate, please refer the User Guide Manual.
CS-Cart Web Push Notification Features -
- Well integrated with CS-Cart & Multi-Vendor.
- Works well with Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Chrome browsers.
- Designed to work with the SSL certificate websites that means Web push notification works only in https sites.
- No monthly subscription required to notify customers.
- An unlimited number of customers can subscribe to your site.
- Functionality to create and delete notifications at admin end.
- Option to add icon and target URL for notifications.
- Allows notification to all subscribed user as per the configuration made at admin end.
- Functionality to view and delete the notification logs.
CS-Cart Web Push Notification Benefits -
- No need to have a mobile app to get the benefit of mobile push notifications.Users can subscribe to push notifications right from mobile website.
- You can reach out to those users who are not on your website.
- You can notify your user whenever required.
- If the user is offline at the time of sending a notification, he will see the notification as soon as he comes online and opens the browser.
- Web push notifications don’t need a user’s email or other contact details.
- Prompt and assured content delivery, the moment you click on “Notify”, it will be delivered to the users immediately.
- Push notifications are clickable. So you can send people directly to any URL on your website.
- Drive more traffic to your website.
Web Push Notification Configuration -
The admin needs to do some general setting for proper configuration of the add-on. Separate settings options have been provided for Google Chrome, & Safari as shown in the image.
- General Settings:
- Subscription Request– There are two options for requesting the user for allowing Push Notification. You can either request on Website Load or by adding a notification bell icon. To add the icon you simply need to add a template block in the layout as explained in this post further.
- App Name- Give the application name for the manifest file.
- Chrome Settings:
- Enter the sender id for Firebase Cloud Messaging.
- Enter the Legacy Server Key for Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM). Click the link to know how to get these credentials.
- Check the box to Create Chrome manifest.json file. You need to create this file every time you change the settings.
Configuration For Safari Browser -
The admin needs to have the Apple Certificate for enabling & sending Push Notifications to Safari Browsers. To get push notification certificate, you need to register A website Push Id and create a certificate based on that push ID.You can get the step-wise details for creating these certificates & getting required details here- how to get these credentials
- Enter the Certificate’s import password which is kept while exporting the CSR file. If you have not kept any then you may keep this field as blank.
- Website Push ID is a unique identifier to identify your website. It should be your unique reverse-domain string, such as web.com.example.domain (must start with web.)
- Enter the Allowed Domains in quotes (” “) separated by a comma (,).
- Upload the Key file and Information file.
Web Push Notification Template -
The admin can create & manage the message templates and send a push notification to its subscribed users. Admin is allowed to add numerous templates for notifications. There is no limit on the template count. Here are a few points worth noting-
- There is an option to set title, a short message, icon image and a target URL for the push notification.
- The admin can add, edit or delete templates of the notification.
- Search option can be used to find any specific template or subscribed user from the lists.
Notification View At the Subscribed User's Side -
When the admin installs & configures this add-on successfully, the users will be asked whether to receive notifications from your store or not. Once the users have permitted, they will start seeing your push notifications on their web browser window or the desktop screen itself. The user will get notification even if your store website is not open in any browser but the browser is open.
- Notifications will stay visible for a few seconds, after that they fade away.
- The redirect page link is embedded in the notification message.
- Users will see message title, logo, and contents of the message.
CS-Cart Web Push Notification Support -
For any query or issue please create a support ticket here http://webkul.uvdesk.com