Magento 2 Multi Vendor Dropship: With the help of this marketplace add-on, a vendor will be able to ship products to a customer from the nearest available warehouse. The admin can manage different warehouses, create shipping rules based on table-rate shipping method, and optimize shipping costs. A vendor or the admin can assign products to a warehouse and manage orders.
Important Note - To use Magento 2 Multi-Vendor Dropship module, Webkul Magento 2 Multi-Vendor Marketplace must be installed.
- Admin can add multiple warehouses for the vendors.
- Vendor and the admin can assign multiple warehouses to a product.
- Admin can create shipping rules using table rate shipping.
- Shipping calculated from warehouse location (default with only Magento base shipping methods).
- Warehouse Manager can manage shipments for his orders after admin approval
- A customer can select a shipping method according to the warehouse in same order.
- Shipping will be calculated according to the nearest warehouse available.
After the successful installation of the module, the admin will configure the settings by -
- Entering the Name and Email address of the store owner.
- Setting the default quantity for the Products when assigned to a warehouse.
- Set the warehouse assign as Auto or manual. Enter the Google Map API for displaying the map.
- Select Yes/No to display the price details in Order Approval mail.
- Select the Order Approve email template for the Warehouse.
- Lastly, click the Save button to save the configuration settings.
Admin - Warehouse Manager
Here, the admin will be able to create multiple warehouses as required. The admin can add, edit, and delete a warehouse. The admin can also see the info. related to the various warehouses like – warehouse title, user-name, description, status, and action(to edit the warehouse). To add a warehouse the admin will -
- Enter the username, first and last name of the warehouse manager.
- Enter the email address and the warehouse title.
- Enter the description related to the warehouse.
- Enter the complete address of the warehouse and select it to auto-fill.
- Select the allowed shipping methods for this particular warehouse.
- Enter the password for the current warehouse and re-confirm the password by typing it again.
- Set the account as active or inactive.
- Lastly, enter the current admin password and click the save warehouse button to save the warehouse.
Admin - Warehouse Order Manager
Here, the admin will be able to approve or cancel any of the orders that have been placed by the customers. If any of the orders are not assigned to any of the warehouses then the admin can manually assign a warehouse to the unassigned order. After the order is approved the warehouse which has this order will ship the products to the customer.
- Approve or cancel an order.
- Assign warehouse to an unassigned order.
- View the order details.
Admin - Warehouse Products
Here, the admin will be able to assign/unassign the products to the various different warehouses. The admin can also assign a single product to multiple warehouses. To assign a product to a warehouse, check the product and from the action's drop-down option select the assign warehouse option that brings up the warehouses. Just select the warehouse where you want to assign the product to and you are done assigning the product.
- Assign/Unassign products to warehouses.
- Assign a single product to multiple warehouses.
Admin- Manage Shipping Rules
Here, the admin will be able to create, delete, and assign the shipping rules to the various warehouses. The admin will create the shipping rules by first downloading the Sample CSV file and then entering the respective values for the column names which include - warehouse name, country code, postal code from, postal code to, weight from, weight to, and the cost that will be applicable. Lastly, save the CSV file and upload it back and select the warehouse where you want to assign the shipping rules.
- Create, delete, and assign shipping rules to various warehouses.
- Download sample CSV file. Enter the shipping rule and save the CSV file.
- Select the update CSV file, choose the warehouse and click the save button.
Vendor - Assign Products to Warehouse
The vendors can assign their products to various warehouses while creating a new or editing a product. To assign the product to the warehouse, edit the product and go to the Warehouse Stock section. Here, select the warehouses where you want to assign the product to and click the save button.
- Assign products to warehouses by editing a product.
- Assign a single product to multiple warehouses.
- Enter the quantity of the products while assigning warehouses.
At the checkout page, the customer will be able to select the shipping method according to the warehouse. After selecting the shipping method, warehouse shipping will be updated and customers can proceed further for placing their order.
- Customers can select the shipping method according to the warehouse.
- Warehouse shipping is updated after selecting the shipping method.
Warehouse Manager - Warehouse Order Manager
Here, the warehouse manager can see a collection of all those product’s orders for which this warehouse ship method is set and invoice is created. The warehouse manager can generate the shipments by clicking the respective create link.
- Here, the warehouse manager can see a collection of all those product’s orders for which this warehouse ship method is set and invoice is created.
- The warehouse manager can generate the shipments by clicking the respective create link.
Warehouse Manager - Manage Shipping Rules
Here, the warehouse manager will be able to add and delete the shipping rules for his warehouse. To add a shipping rule, download the sample CSV file and fill in the shipping rule as required. After that, upload the shipping rule CSV file and click the save button to save the shipping rule for your warehouse.
- Add/delete shipping rules.
- Download the sample CSV file for the shipping rules.
For any issue related to this module, please create a support ticket here at - https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/ or send an email to email@example.com