This is a useful module that supports media files (like product images, media in the product description and short description, etc.) for all types of products. The extension enables the admin to upload media files of different product types from its local disk to the Amazon server. Making your Magento 2 website server free from all the data load and improves your site loading by quickly fetching and delivering data from the Amazon server. It uses Amazon S3 (Simple Secure Storage) for storing the files and uses CloudFront for serving the content CloudFront URL.
Therefore, will experience faster site load or page loads due to unnecessary pause elimination and cater to heavy traffic. Also, it helps in fetching & delivering data from the Amazon server with the help of CloudFront. Amazon S3 is based on CDN (Content Delivery Network) which stores multiple copies of content on strategically distributed servers. Dynamically measures which server is nearest to the requesting client and accordingly delivers fast content.
Also, check 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) for downloadable products via. Email OTP, Magento 2 Secret Key Verification.
Instant page load or accelerate site load times.
Static View Files Settings
One can now save Static files on the Amazon S3 server i.e. (HTML, CSS, JS).
Reduce the round trip time of the data packet and thus deliver fast data.
SSL encryption for secure upload and data download.
Images & Files Support
Product images, logo, WYSIWYG images, videos, category images, editing images, CMS images, Favicons, etc. are supported.
The admin can easily check the bucket availability in order to verify the Amazon S3 account.
Integrate CloudFront Feature
It uses the CloudFront for the instant load of media files.
The admin can easily upload the media files on the Amazon server.
Why Need Amazon S3 in Adobe Commerce?
Suppose you’re having an online website with lots of products and data and are having multiple customers globally. But sometimes when multiple buyers increase the traffic over store the website starts lacking speed and the server isn’t able to respond properly. But as you encounter multiple customers daily and are having lots of data stored on the website, then in such cases relying on the hosted servers sometimes is not an ideal thing.
In this case, the organization can use CDN service which is a content delivery network, and place data. Amazon offers CDN service through Amazon S3 and CloudFront. Amazon S3 has a simple web services interface that is used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. Amazon S3 is based on CDN(Content Delivery Network), content exists as multiple copies on strategically dispersed servers.
With the Amazon S3 bucket system, the media files presented with the product details will get downloaded rapidly. This will surely increase the conversion rate as the customer can quickly check the images that will build trust in the product. Media files include the product image, videos, GIFs, other associated images that describe the product. Surely it helps the customers to know the product in a better way.
Check Amazon S3 Bucket Availability
- The module has easy and flexible settings to integrate your Magento 2 store with Amazon S3.
- The admin can set either a local or Amazon server for uploading the files of your downloadable product & other media files of all Magento 2 product types.
- The module uses the S3 bucket to upload the files on the Amazon server if the allowed server to upload the files is set to Amazon.
- The admin can check the S3 bucket status whether it’s available or not in just a single click.
Upload Downloadable Products on Amazon Server
- The admin will follow the default steps to create a product ( In case of Downloadable product ) and upload the relevant files in it & save the product successfully.
- The admin will get the Amazon S3 link only after saving the downloadable product successfully.
- The customer will download the downloadable product from the Amazon Server just like any other downloadable product from the local Server.
- The customer can download the downloadable product only after the admin has created the order invoice.
Select Amazon S3 as Media Storage
Media storage helps you organize and gain access to media files that are stored on the server. Files in media storage can be accessed from the editor while working on pages and static blocks.
- After configuring the module the admin can also select the Amazon S3 as new media storage for fast and reliable accessing of data.
- A synchronization option is also available for synchronizing all the media files to the storage option selected.
- All the media files that are uploaded over the Amazon S3 are retrieved by the help of the base URL set by the admin.
Upload Product Images, Content & Media Files
The extension is able to upload and sync all of the files on Amazon's S3 AWS servers such as
- Media files of all types of products available in Magento 2.
- Media Files such as product images, logo, WYSIWYG images, videos, category images, editor images, CMS images, Favicons, etc.
- You can also upload your downloadable products to the Amazon S3 servers.
Fetch From CloudFront CDN
For an eCommerce website, the speed of the website is very important. The website speed will directly impact customer browsing experience. Ultimately, it affects your business.
If your website takes a long time to load, the customers might abandon to stay on the website which affects the revenue.
- This feature will help the website users to fetch the content of the website at a very high speed.
- This will ensure an immediate response from the website whenever a user searches for a media file on the website.
- If the website user will view the image in the new tab, the source includes CloudFront in the URL.
Upload Static Files (HTML, CSS, JS) on Amazon Server
- Static files can now be saved on the Amazon S3 service ie(HTML, CSS, JS).
- It is better to use the static files feature in the production mode.
- Admin can enable/disable the static view file.
- The module uses the S3 bucket name to upload the files to the Amazon server.
- The admin can also set the Region to the Amazon S3 server.
Elastic Load Balancing
Now ELB (Elastic Load Balancing) ensures automatic distribution of incoming traffic across multiple targets like - Amazon EC2 instances, containers, IP addresses, and Lambda functions. Moreover, deploy static site files - HTML, CSS, and JS in the S3 bucket.
It can easily handle the load of the application traffic across single or multiple availability zones. Now it supports four types of load balancers that contain high availability, automatic scaling, and strong security features -
- Application Load Balancer - It routes the traffic to targets within Amazon Virtual Private Cloud on the basis of the content of the request.
- Network Load Balancer - It is the best for load balancing of Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Transport Layer Security (TLS) traffic where extreme performance is required.
- Gateway Load Balancer – It helps to deploy, scale, and manage third-party virtual appliances. It also supports the automatic scaling of virtual appliances. Furthermore, it also automatically reroutes the traffic from unhealthy virtual appliances instance to a healthy one.
- Classic Load Balancer - It is designed for applications that are built within the EC2-Classic network. And operates at request and connection level. It supports - Layer 4 or Layer 7 Load Balancing, SSL Offloading, and IPv4 and IPv6 for EC2-Classic networks.
By default, Magento 2 stores media files, JS, CSS in server disk storage which would create inconsistencies in case of multiple instances behind the load balancer. Managing media files and static assets on Amazon S3 would be useful in serving static content regardless of the number of servers. Amazon S3 module also allows us to set expire headers which would be beneficial in leverage browser caching.
- Support all Magento 2 product types.
- All media files of all types of products (like product images, media in the product description, short description, editing images, etc) are stored and retrieved from the Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) bucket.
- Flexible settings to configure the module settings.
- Set server(Local/Amazon) on which file should be uploaded.
- Store and download the files from Amazon S3 Server.
- Check the bucket availability in just a click.
- The CloudFront feature is also available.
- Customers can download the files from the Amazon Server irrespective of time and place.
- Also, the extension is fully open source and easy to use.
- Now cache images are served from Amazon S3 Server and CloudFront as well.
- One can save Static files on the Amazon S3 server.