Layered Navigation Plugin for WooCommerce: If one wishes to provide their users a better user experience, then what better than inculcating a layered navigation feature to a WooCommerce site.
Layered Navigation Plugin for WooCommerce provides captivating features which ajax based search process, product filter on the basis of multiple attributes at a time, keyword targeted search, slider-based price selection etc.
These features help maintain the consistency of the site and also the cart abandonment rate is reduced. The customer traffic would be more and the conversion rates would be definitely high. Read more - https://webkul.com/blog/10-steps-to-remove-woocommerce-shopping-cart-abandonment/
The search process is ajax based which uses comparatively less bandwidth.
Refined Filter Process
The user can filter products on the basis category, price range, etc.
Choose Multiple Attributes
Users have the option to choose multiple attributes at a time.
Price Bar Feature
It shows variations of product price in the form of a horizontal bar for easy price selection.
Ajax Based Search
The basic concept behind AJAX is that the browser will not have to load the whole page if only a small portion of the data is altered in a page.
AJAX based search help refining the search process as on entering a search query, related search options would appear making it easy for the user to choose the options.
- AJAX is used to load the data asynchronously.
- It is used to build interactive and faster web pages and web applications.
- The search process is filtered and search suggestions display on entering a search query.
- It also uses XML which is a coding language, used to create a web document.
Add New Attribute
The admin can configure the settings for the Layered Navigation in the admin panel. The admin will create the attributes which will be visible to the customers on the frontend.
The admin can create the attributes under ‘Add New Attribute’, and also configure the attribute terms in the table. The values for the attributes are added and thereafter the attributes are added to the which will be displayed on the frontend.
On the ‘Widgets’ page, the attributes are visible under ‘Sidebar’ option.
- The admin can create as many attributes and they will be visible on the frontend.
- The attribute terms are configured by the admin.
- The values of the attribute are set by the admin.
- The interesting price bar feature to make search process easy for the users.
- The users can filter products as per the attributes set by the admin.
Use of Filters
The attributes created by the admin in the admin panel are visible to the customer on the frontend. The customers can easily filter and search for any product.
The search process is ajax based which simplifies the search process as there will be no page reload when a user searches for a product.
The user can search by simply entering a keyword and the products will display instantly. This feature benefits when there is a large product stock in a store.
- The attributes created by the admin will display on the shop page.
- The customers can easily filter and search for any product.
- The ajax based search simplifies the process as there is no page reload.
- Multiple options display on entering a search keyword in a search box
- The user can filter multiple attributes at a time.
For a better user experience, layered navigation feature is an add-on. The most important aspect of layered navigation is that a user can filter and products on the basis of multiple attributes at a time.
The ajax based search will is the most important aspect as it saves time and there is no page reload. The user will leave the store satisfied.
- The ajax based search feature trims the time taken in filtering the product.
- The user can search for products by selecting multiple attributes at a time.
- On entering a search keyword, multiple related product options will display instantly.
- The filter process requires no page reload.
- The price is displayed through the slider for easier price selection.
Complete Features List
- Ajax-based refined search process feature.
- The buyer can filter products on the basis of category, price range, etc.
- A price bar through the buyer can select a price range.
- Customers can choose multiple attributes and its values at a time.
- Display current selection directly in the search box.
- It maintains the previous state of the browser.
- Increases conversion rates for the store.