Opencart Order Tracking: Allowing customers to track their package/order is an important feature of an e-commerce store or an Opencart online store. The customers will be satisfied knowing that their order is in a good condition and also the status of the order such as ready for shipment, dispatched, delivered etc as the customers are always keen to know about the whereabouts of the order placed.
It is also important to notify customers about the status of the order as this will develop the goodwill amongst the customers. This way more customers will be lured to a store and hence the conversion rates will be relatively high.
Add Tracking Number/ Courier Details
The admin adds a tracking number and the courier details for the purchased order.
Trace Orders via. AfterShip API
The admin and customers can trace the status of the orders using the tracking number in the admin panel and frontend respectively.
View Tracking Number
The customers can view the admin allocated tracking number in the Order Information page in the frontend.
Track Your Shipment
The customer can simply add the tracking number in the track your shipment tab and track the order directly.
Importance and Benefits
Customers are always keen to know the whereabouts and the status of the orders they place with an online store. Therefore it is always necessary to keep the requirements of the customers as a first priority.
Through Opencart’s Order Tracking Module, the customers and the sellers can track the orders using tracking numbers. On simply clicking the tracking number of the order, the customer, as well as the sellers, will get to know the status of the orders such as pending, dispatched, delivered etc.
- On a simple mouse click, the tracking status and details are available to the users.
- Once the customer places the order, the admin allocates a tracking number for the order.
- The admin, as well as the customers, can track the shipment.
- The customers can easily track the order by clicking on the tracking number which the admin allocates to the order.
- It notifies the customers about the current status of the shipment.
Admin End Configurations
On successfully installing the Order Tracking module, and retrieving the AfterShip credentials the admin can configure the courier services the admin wants to use for the delivery purpose.
The admin can configure the fields for the Order Tracking module. The admin enables the AfterShip tracking status, set the subdomain name and also retrieve the AfterShip key from the AfterShip website.
- The admin can retrieve the AfterShip key in order to choose the courier services that will be used for delivery.
- The status of the AfterShip key can be enabled or disabled.
- The subdomain name has to be provided by the admin.
- On receiving the AfterShip key, the list of couriers will be available to the admin.
- The admin can add more courier options to the existing list of couriers from the AfterShip website.
Admin End WorkFlow
The admin can view the order placed by the customer in the Orders page under order list. The admin can add a tracking number by simply editing the order.
The tracking number, as well as the courier service which the admin allocates, can be viewed in the Order History tab under Order Tracking. On clicking the tracking number the status details of the shipment displays.
- On editing the order, the admin can add the tracking number and the courier service for the customer’s shipment/order.
- A success message will display when the admin adds the tracking number details for the shipment.
- The tracking number and the courier service added will be updated under Order Tracking, in the Order History tab.
- The admin can delete the tracking number if needed.
- As the admin allocates the tracking number details for the customer’s shipment, it will be visible on the frontend to the customer.
Order Tracking at Customer End
The main purpose of the Order Tracking module is to generate happy customers. If the customers are happy then definitely it will create high conversion rates for the store.
Once the admin configures the tracking number as well as the courier service details, it will be visible to the customers in the order information page. Customers just need to click on the tracking number and the shipment status details will display.
- The customers can view the tracking number and the courier service details in the order information page.
- On clicking the tracking number the details of the shipment/ order will display.
- This way the customer will be kept informed about the status of the order.
- The customers can also view the shipment status directly by entering the tracking number and courier details under Track Your Shipment.
- Order Tracking is an interesting feature which the online store can provide to the customers.
Complete Features List
- AfterShip Shipment Tracking API is used.
- The admin can add a tracking number as well as the courier service for the shipment of the orders.
- Admin can click on the tracking number to trace the status of the order in the admin panel.
- The customer can view the tracking number in the front end in the order information page.
- On clicking the tracking number the customers can view the status of the order.
- On clicking the Track Your Shipment tab, the customers can track the shipment as well.
For any query or issue please create a support ticket here http://webkul.uvdesk.com/