Akeneo Amazon CloudFront Connector: With the help of this extension, you can integrate Amazon CloudFront CDN (Content Delivery Network) with the Akeneo PIM platform. After successful integration, the CloudFront CDN servers will be used for caching and serving media, images, PDF, and video files etc. from product data.
Amazon CloudFront speeds up distribution of your static and dynamic web content, such as .html, .css, .php, image, and media files. When users request your content, CloudFront delivers it through a worldwide network of edge locations that provide low latency and high performance.
Save Image and Files
You can save the images and files on Amazon CloudFront server.
Fetch the data from nearest Hub
You can fetch the images and files from the nearest CloudFront hub.
Connect Akeneo with CloudFront domain name
With this module, you can connect with your CloudFront server with only the CloudFront domain name.
Fast and Secure
Akeneo CloudFront connector provides faster services for fetching the image and files with more security.
What is the need of Akeneo Amazon CloudFront Connector?
Amazon CloudFront is a web service that stores the data of your static and dynamic web contents, images, and files. Nowadays, most of the merchants are facing the issue to store the product data. If you are dealing with a large number of the products at eCommerce shop. It always creates a problem to store large product data like images, files, and other data in the system.
With the Akeneo CloudFront server, you can connect the Akeneo with Amazon CloudFront with the CloudFront domain name. With the installation of the modules, all the product data will save on the Amazon server. You can fetch the product asset with the nearest hub. You can save a lot of storage space and time with this module.
Reduce System Storage
Amazon CloudFront is a fast content delivery network(CDN) that stores the product data like images, videos, and files on the server and provide Global access to the user for using these data.
For reducing system storage, you can use this module to store the product data like images, videos, files.
Amazon CloudFront provides security, scalability, and Globally distributed features. It has a highly-resilient content delivery network for an excellent performance.
- You can reduce the system storage.
- You can easily store the asset.
- You can share the asset link.
- You can automatically save all your asset on the CloudFront server after installation of the module.
Connect Akeneo with CloudFront Domain Nname
After creating the CloudFront distribution in Amazon CloudFront connector, you will get the CloudFront domain name. You can connect the Akeneo Amazon CloudFront connector with CloudFront domain name in Akeneo.
After saving the credential in Akeneo, all the product data like image, files, and videos will automatically save on the CloudFront server.
- You can connect CloudFront with Akeneo using CloudFront domain name.
- Automatically save the images, files, and videos on the CloudFront server.
- You can see and manage the product asset in CloudFront server.
Generate Product Asset URL
After installing the module in Akeneo and save the credential, you can generate the product asset URL. For it, you have to just click on the asset view icon in Akeneo.
You can see the URL link of the product asset with your domain name. Like if you have entered the domain name in Akeneo example.com so the product asset will be like http://example.com/images/image.jpg.
- You can create a new domain name instead of the default domain name.
- You can use the asset URL in the browser to see the product.
- You can use the asset URL to reference the project asset to your website.
Complete Features List
- Use Amazon CloudFront for the images and files in Akeneo instead of File Storage
- You can connect Akeneo with Amazon CloudFront using the CloudFront domain name.
- Fast, highly secure and programmable Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Automatically save the image and files at Amazon CloudFront after installing the module.
- After using Amazon CloudFront in Akeneo, you can fetch the data from the nearest hub.
Akeneo 7.0.x Compatible -
- In Akeneo Version 7, SKU is no longer mandatory to create a product and now UUID is the new product identifier. (CE, EE).
- Smoother mapping and faster importing. (CE, EE).
- Tailored export can help to improve the readability of your product information export by defining rounding operations for measurement values. (EE)
- In Akeneo Version 7, you can now map columns in your source data to additional attribute types. (EE)
- Tailored imports help you to clean up your HTML Characters (EE).
- Using Tailored imports, we can find and replace specific words in Text and Text Area Attributes. (EE).
- Now we are creating a table attribute you can take advantage of measurement. (EE).
- Now we can use reference entities as a column type in the table attribute(EE).
Other Useful Akeneo Extensions
Webkul is the largest supplier of building a growing list of Akeneo extensions (add-ons and connectors). You can check out below modules for further enhancing the capabilities of your Akeneo PIM and managing your catalog better.
- Akeneo Category Image & Description
- Akeneo DAM (Digital Asset Management)
- Akeneo Cron Scheduler
- Akeneo Table Attribute
See the complete list of Akeneo modules developed by Webkul- https://store.webkul.com/Akeneo.html
For any query or issue please create a support ticket here http://webkul.uvdesk.com/