Headless PWA for Magento 2: It is a web technology of making a website which acts and feels like an application. It uses modern web capabilities to deliver an app-like user experience. Headless PWA is a web application same like a native application regardless of browser choice.
The application allows various things such as sending a push notification, it also works on a slower internet connection and during offline mode (coming soon), the app loads on the home screen of the device. It is compatible with various devices, the app is also very easy to customize because of the front end which is built on React JS and many more.
A headless progressive web application is very light so it takes very less loading time in comparison to the native app and due to this it also works faster which provides users the great experience while browsing the application and hence results in a very high conversion rate.
- To check the live demo "Click Here" on your mobile web browser and click Add to Homescreen.
- This module is built on PWA Studio which is a set of developer tools that allow the development of PWA storefront on top of Magento 2
- Headless PWA for Magento 2 extension is compatible with Magento 2.3 and above release versions.
- Regarding the publishing of APK and IPA, kindly check the link- https://mobikul.com/knowledgebase/publish-app-through-webkul-account-self/
- If you wish to purchase the app with source code, kindly send the request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supports Offline & Poor connectivity (Coming Soon)
The Application will works when the connection is poor and also in offline mode.
The loading time of the PWA application is very less. Hence it provides fast browsing.
The PWA apps are very lightweight in comparison to the native apps.
PWA Supports various devices such as Smartphone, Tablets across Android and iOS platforms.
The Application supports push notifications which stimulates user engagement and helps to target the right user.
Easy to Customize
The front end of the application is built on React JS, so the Headless PWA’s are easy to customize.
The app is developed by the users by easily going to the website and adding it to the home screen.
No update required
The App required no update since it is not a native app, it is a web application.
Building APK and IPA Files
Now you can also build the APK and IPA files of the PWA to publish it on to the App Store and Play Store. The customers are more likely to find the application on to the store as compared to the web so publishing the PWA on to the APP Store and Play Store will give benefits to you and your customers.
Why Do We Need This Module?
Magento 2 is entirely shifting towards PWA platform and natively supports headless Magento 2. PWA is the future of web application development. PWA is the right step to give the web store app-like experiences.
If you have a Magento 2 store, you must use this module to facilitate your customers with fast browsing experience even in offline mode too (coming soon). It is easy to install, which takes less memory in comparison to the native mobile app.
There is no need to update the app as it is a web application, it supports Android, and iOS platform. This module will help the store owner to increase the conversion rate of their Magento 2 e-commerce store.
The admin can manage and configure the module from the admin panel easily. The admin can-
- Enter the username and password to connect the respective server.
- The admin can decide the quantity of the products that will be shown in the collection page of PWA
- The admin can enable or disable the random featured products from being shown in PWA home page.
Add To Home Screen
The customer can open the store website on the browser of their respective Android or iOS device. Then the customer can click on the menu icon of the browser to add the application to the home screen.
- The customer can easily add the app direct to the Home Screen.
- As soon as the app added to the home screen, the customer can click on the app icon and open the PWA (Progressive Web Application)
- The application launches with a splash screen, also the app shows application name and icon.
- The application launches in the same way as a native app.
No App Installation/ Updates Needed
One of the advantages of PWA is, these apps don't need to install from the app or play store. Progressive Web Applications are directly added to the home screen from the websites.
- PWA doesn’t need to download separately from Google Play Store or from the Apple App Store.
- 20 percent of the potential users are reduced only because the customers don't like additional steps to download the app from the app store.
- The customers don't like to accept those annoying permission when installing the app from the app store.
- PWA users don’t need to accept those app update notification.
- Thanks for the service workers as PWA users always have access to an up-to-date solution.
Native App-like Splash Screen
Splash Screen helps to make Progressive Web Application fell more like a native app. With the help of Headless PWA for Magento 2.
- With a splash screen, the user sees a splash screen that gives the experience like a native app.
- Splash Screen makes your PWA more feel like a native app.
- Supported browsers automatically create the splash screen using the manifest properties
Light Weight/ Low on Storage
Progressive Web Applications are lightweight in comparison to the native applications. This helps users to save storage on their device.
- Progressive Web Application is directly added from a web browser to the users home screen.
- PWA does not need to install separately from any app store like other native application.
- Progressive Web Application takes very low storage of the phone in comparison to the native apk files.
- Because the PWA takes very low phone storage, it helps the app to prevent the phone from being force stop.
Works on Poor Network/Offline Mode
No internet connection, or bored with slow data speed? Well, with the help of Headless PWA for Magento 2-
- The customer can access the store in offline mode.
- The customer can access the app even in a flaky network connection.
- Even in the slow internet speed, the customer can access the PWA and continue shopping with easy.
- Pages once cached, the customer doesn't need to wait to load pages every time.
Send Custom Push Notifications
Push Notification is the best way to keep the customer updated and engaged about anything new to your store. It helps to target the right customers and increase the conversion rate on your store.
- The Admin can enable or disable the push notification feature.
- Title and the Body of the push notification can be decided by the admin.
- The admin can do the marketing of the product, category or collection with the push notification.
- The customer can click on the notification and that will open the particular product or category within the PWA (Progressive Web Application)
- The admin can upload the Push Notification image.
Built on PWA Studio
PWA Studio provides front-end developers an open-ended toolkit for creating PWA themes for Magento 2.
- It requires less development effort to build in comparison to a traditional standalone application.
- This module is built on headless Magento 2 PWA Studio (A suite of tools by Magento for building a web store to a Progressive Web Application).
- The customer experiences as a native Android or iOS application in the form of a Progressive Web Application instead of a separate application.
Easy log in/ Sign-up
The users can directly login or signup using the PWA app. The users don’t need to log in again and again when logged in once.
- The user can log in within the PWA
- The user can also signup using the Progressive Web Application.
- The users can use the social login (if integrated with your Magento 2 store) to sign in or sign up within the PWA as Progressive Web Applications are the app view of the web store.
- The user can also sign out using the same PWA.
Complete Checkout Process
Well, PWAs are fully functional for the e-commerce checkout process. The users not only can feel the experience like a native app but also:
- The users can visit the store within the PWA Access the categories, product, CMS, cart, and checkout page.
- The users can add the products to the cart and select from the different shipping and payment method to complete the order.
- Users will experience the same as completing the order on a native app.
Built Using GraphQL
Well, the most powerful data query language is now used by Magento. GraphQL is used for data query and manipulating data. GraphQL for Magento 2.3 allows the data retrieval possibilities for PWAs.
- Only the precise and effective data is served to the users when a search query is made.
- It allows defining the structure of the data.
- The customers can perform the full-text search on products and can also filter the results.
- After the query, GraphQL helps to serve only the data you requested.
- Now all the product types are supported.
- Magento PWA is now quicker even on flaky mobile network connections.
Multiple Devices Compatibility
Progressive Web Applications supports multiple devices across platforms. It works on Android, iOS, Windows, and others as well.
- The users can add the PWA to smartphones (mobile & tablets).
- PWAs can also be added to the computer desktops.
- It supports multiple browsers like Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari.
- PWAs are responsive and provide great user experience to the customers.
- PWA’s provides a great experience to the users as it is lightweight and super fast.
- PWA’s are easily accessible in poor connectivity.
- Easy to customize because the frontend is built on React JS.
- The PWA supports Push Notifications.
- Supports various devices including Android and iOS.
- The App is purely responsive on all the platforms and it provides cross-browser compatibility.
- The Progressive Web Application will give the feel of a native App.
- Since it is not a native application so there will be no updating issues.
- The PWA’s are easy to install since the user just has to visit the site and adding it to the home screen.
- No App store is required for managing the application.
- The App provides better User Interface which leads to increases the traffic on the store.
- The Admin can set the user name and password from the backend.
- The Splash Background image of the application can also set by the admin.
- The Admin can manage or add the banner images, notifications, featured categories, category’s banner images, and icons.
- The carousel and carousel images can also be managed and added by the Admin.
- *Progressive Web App’s can also be operational during the offline mode (coming soon).
Some PWA Examples
PWA (Progressive Web Application) helped a lot of merchants in page visits, session length, and in boosting conversion. PWA helps in- Improving store performance, Faster loading times, Engaging user experiences, and Less data use. Some of the website who found an increase in the conversion rate after implementing PWA to their stores.
- BookMyShow - After launching PWA, bookmyshow finds an increment of 80% in the conversion rate.
- Housing.com - Housing.com increases conversions and lowers bounce rate by 40% with new PWA
- Alibaba - Saw a 76 percent increase in total conversions across browsers after launching PWA.
- Flipkart - Flipkart adopted PWA and find 70% increment in conversion.
- MakeMyTrip - MakeMyTrip found 3X improvement in conversion rate also they found a 38% improvement in page-load speed.
For any query or issue please create a support ticket here http://webkul.uvdesk.com/