OpenCart ShipStation Integration: Shipping plays an essential role in running a successful e-commerce business and one must be aware of the fact that it's the customers who bring business and generates revenue.
If your customer is not satisfied with your services, then it would surely lead to the downfall of a business. Therefore, brisk shipping strategies must be followed by business entrepreneurs, so as to provide timely deliveries of the orders and which can be trusted and counted on. Opencart Shipstation Shipping is one such shipping solution allowing order delivery through various shipping carriers such as USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.
As the admin of the store configures the Shipstation Shipping, the admin will find the shipping carriers options on the checkout page under Shipstation Shipping. The order is delivered through the shipping carrier which is chosen by the customer. This would lead to enhanced customer satisfaction, thus increasing the customer’s trust in the brand, and in turn, leads to a brand’s goodwill.
Configure a Shipping Title
The admin can set a title for Shipstation Shipping. This title will be visible to the customers in the checkout page.
Allowed Shipping Carriers
The admin can allow various shipping carriers such as DHL, FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc, for delivering the orders.
Exporting Order to Shipstation
Once the customer places the order, the customer needs to export the order to Shipstation.
Shipping Label/ Packing Slip/ Dispatch Note Generation
The admin can generate Shipping Label along with the Packing Slip and Dispatch Note for the orders placed by the customers.
Shipping Methods With Rates
The shipping carriers and freight rates, associated with each shipping carrier shall be visible to the customers on the checkout page.
Tracking Number Visibility
The customers can view the tracking number for the order placed in the Order Information page.
Why Do We Need the OpenCart ShipStation Shipping Module?
Let us understand this through a use case example. Suppose a customer comes to your website and adds some products to the cart. As the customer reaches the checkout page, he finds out that the shipping cost is not feasible for him. In such cases, the customers leave the products in the cart as it is and exits from the store.
This leads to cart abandonment which definitely affects the revenue and sales of a store. This example clearly explains, how important it is to have shipping strategies such that it does not make your customers think twice before placing an order.
Opencart ShipStation shipping is here to save your day as it allows the store owner to integrate multiple shipping carrier options along with their rates. The customers can choose any shipping option, which suits best to their pockets, thereby resulting in happy customers
Retrieving the Credentials
To integrate the Shipstation functionalities with OpenCart, the admin will require the API Key and API Secret.
- To get the API Key and Secret, the admin will have to register and create an account with Shipstation.
- To create an account, the admin will have to fill in the details such as name, email, password, phone number, etc.
- As the details are submitted, the user will receive a verification email, on the mail id added while filling in the account details.
- On verifying the email, the admin can log in with Shipstation, and enter the credentials to log in.
- The user will find the API Key and Secret under Account Settings > API Settings.
Admin Permissions: Configuring the Shipstation Shipping
Once the admin, receives the API Key and Secret, the Opencart Shipstation Shipping can be configured and functionalities of the Shipstation Shipping can be employed.
- The Shipstation Shipping has to be enabled.
- The admin sets a title of Shipstation Shipping which displays in the checkout page.
- The API Key and Secret retrieved, is to be added by the admin.
- The admin can configure the allowed carriers for the delivery of the orders.
- The admin can define the weight and the length class for the package.
- The geo zones can be set the admin.
- The handling fee is set by the admin which adds up with the shipping method on the checkout page.
- The sort order of the shipping is defined by the admin.
- Postal code can be added by the admin for delivery purposes.
Exporting the Order to Shipstation
Once the customer places the order, the admin, in the admin panel, will have to export the order to Shipstation.
- The admin must navigate to Sales > Orders to view the order.
- In the order details page, the admin needs to click the Export to Shipstation tab to export the order.
- Once the order is exported, the admin can generate the shipping label for the order.
- The packing slip and dispatch note can be generated for the respective order as well.
- Once the shipping label is generated, the admin must refresh the page to view the tracking number.
Shipstation shipping: Befitting the Customers
One of the prime motives of every business entrepreneur is to provide satisfactory product services to the customers. Where shipping is concerned, best shipping strategies must be integrated to ship the products on time and securely as the customers have high expectations and definitely, no store owner would want to turn down a customer’s expectations.
- The customers can place the order in the usual way.
- The customers will find the Shipstation Shipping carrier options on the checkout page.
- The customer can choose any feasible shipping carrier for delivering the order.
- The chosen shipping carrier will appear before confirming the order.
- If the admin defines a handling fee, it will add up with the shipping method on the checkout page.
- The customer will find the shipping label on the Order Information Page.
- The applicable tax will also appear to the customer.
- The admin can retrieve the API key and the API secret by creating the Shipstation account.
- The title of the Shipstation Shipping is set by the admin.
- The shipping carriers such as USPS, DHL, FedEx, UPS can be set by the admin.
- The admin can add the weight and the length class for the package.
- A handling fee may be added by the admin which adds up with the shipping fee in the frontend.
- The admin can even add the geo zones and postal code.
- Once the customer places the order, the admin can export the order to the shipstation.
- Also, the admin can generate a shipping label for the product/ order.
- The admin can generate the packing slip and the dispatch note for the order.
- In the front end, the customer can view the available shipping methods with real-time freight rates.
- The customer can view the tracking number for the order.
- The admin can manage the tax class for the shipstation.
- The shipstation rate will be display with applicable tax.