Magento 2 Distance Rate Shipping: Using this extension, the admin can create a custom shipping method where freight rate calculation will be done according to the unit distance between the origin address and delivery address. The admin can set the rate per distance unit, add handling charge, minimum charge, set area covered, show estimated delivery time on the storefront.
Google API Usage
Google Maps API is used to calculate the distance between the source and the destination.
Set Deliverable Charge
Delivery charges can be set based on the rate per unit and the maximum coverage area.
Price per shipment
Multiple shipping charges such as item wise rate, minimum charges, and handling charges can be set.
Delivery Charges Visibility
The customers can check the estimated shipping charges on the product page.
Why should you need this module?
While running any e-commerce business, maintaining customer satisfaction and loyalty becomes a challenging task. Low shipping cost with the safe delivery of the product plays an important role in earning customer’s loyalty.
Now, this can be easily managed by our Distance rate shipping module that allows the store owner to calculate shipping charges based on the shipping distance from the store to the customer’s location.
Integrate Distance Rate Shipping
The admin can configure the location of the store so that the shipping charges can be applied between the store and the customer’s location.
- Uses Google Maps API to calculate distance from the source to destination.
- The Admin will need to enter the location.
- Latitude and Longitude will be automatically fetched as per the entered location.
- The distance can be calculated based on the “Google Maps Distance” or “ latitude and longitude”.
- Estimated shipping charges can be displayed on the product page.
Shipping Method Setting
The admin can set the shipping charges based on the distance by configuring below settings:
- The admin can set the shipping charges based on per unit.
- Set minimum charge, handling charges and maximum range of area to be covered.
- Select the distance unit either in kilometers or miles.
- Enable distance-based shipping either for all or specific countries.
- Display error message for non-deliverable zones.
Get Estimated Shipping Cost
The customers can get the experience of below functionalities:
- Can check the estimated shipping charges based on the location on the product page.
- The customer needs to enter the location to calculate the shipping charge.
- Based on the estimated shipping charges the customers can select the distance rate shipping on checkout after adding the product to the cart.
Distance Based Shipping Method
Once the shipping cost is estimated by the customer, products can moved to the shopping cart and then perform the checkout process. Here, the customer can select the Distance Based Shipping Method as created by the admin.
- Choose distance based shipping method at the checkout.
- The freight rate is calculated automatically (via. Google Maps API) based on the shipping address selected.
- If shipping is not available, the customers can select any other method as well.
Distance Rate Shipping Manager
The admin can also manage the distance rate shipping from the backend panel.
- A separate tab is provided for the management.
- The admin can check the list of added shipping.
- By double-clicking any shipping, the admin can also edit the added shipping.
- Details like ID, distance from, distance to, and rate grids are visible in the list.
Upload Shipping In Bulk
The admin has the amazing option to add the shipping from their end.
- The admin can now upload the shipping in bulk.
- Admin will first create the CSV file.
- Attributes in the CSV file will be Distance from, distance to, and the rate.
- Then the admin will upload the saved CS file and the system will save the details.
- The uploaded files will be visible under the shipping details tab, under the distance rate shipping manager.
- Enable/Disable the Shipping Method
- Admin can provide Distance Rate Shipping method for their Products
- Set Shipping Origin Address based on which the calculation will be done
- Set Shipping Rate per Unit Distance
- Add Handling Charge, Minimum Charge
- Set Maximum Area to Cover
- Add whether to apply shipping item wise
- Custom Error Message to display if shipping not applicable
- Enable to Display Estimate Shipping Rate on Product pages
- Set distance calculation based on "Google Map Distance Matrix" or "Latitude Longitude"
- Distance Unit can be in Kilometer or Mile which can be set by Admin
For any query or issue, please create a support ticket here http://webkul.uvdesk.com/