Odoo Marketplace Cash On Delivery (COD): Cash payment for the order is still one of the most preferred methods around the world.
The reasons for opting for cash payment on your Marketplace website:
- Trust factor with the website.
- New customer / first-time customer.
- Unable to pay online.
- Lack of appropriate online payment options on the website.
- Payment failure while trying to pay online.
- An issue while making a payment with the Payment Acquirer
If your website only takes online payments it can actually lead to potential sale loss due to any of the aforementioned reasons.
With Odoo Marketplace COD, you can now provide an additional, simple payment method to your customers on your Odoo Marketplace. The customer can opt to pay for their order with a cash payment. The payment is credited to the seller's account.
You as Marketplace Admin can control the eligibility of COD payment on a product level or order amount.
Prerequisites For Using Odoo Marketplace COD Module
Odoo Marketplace Cash On Delivery (COD) Module works in conjunction with the following modules:
You would need to install both of these modules first for Odoo Marketplace COD to work properly.
Odoo Marketplace Cash On Delivery (COD) Features
Add COD as Payment Option On Marketplace website
- Provide Cash On Delivery (COD) to customers on Odoo Marketplace.
- Make it easier for sellers to acquire new customers with Odoo COD.
Simple Integration & Configuration
- Quickly set up the Payment option with single-step integration.
- Configure How to give COD options to customers.
Choose Applicability of COD for Customers
- Enable COD geographically and total amount in cart.
- Enable COD for specific countries, States, or Zip Codes.
- Provide COD on the basis of Total Cart Amount.
Set Thresholds For COD Applicability
- Enable COD for specific Total Cart amount ranges.
- Any amount below or above the set range automatically becomes ineligible for COD.
Auto-Manage Commission From Seller
- Every COD order creates a credit Invoice for admin end.
- Then, a debit invoice is credited for the seller with (COD amount - commission).
- The Admin commission is auto-deducted in the Pay-To-Seller invoice generated in the backend.
Store transaction records in Odoo
- The COD orders on Odoo Marketplace and transaction details are stored in the Odoo backend.
How Does COD Payment Work On Odoo Marketplace
1.) Once an order is confirmed; immediately two transactions are created in Odoo:
- A Credit Payment Record is created into the seller's account equal to the order amount.
- At the same time, a Debit Record of the same amount is also created from the seller to Admin to make the receivable zero.
2.) If there is a commission amount set for the admin, the debit record amount would be (total order amount - the commission amount).
3.) The commission amount remains in the receivable from the seller at the admin end.
4.) When the commission is paid by the seller, the admin can create a separate commission record as paid in Odoo to make the receivable zero.
Dedicated Support For Your Odoo marketplace Cash On Delivery (COD) Module
Webkul's dedicated support provides you with the customizations and troubleshooting solutions for your Odoo marketplace Cash On Delivery (COD) Module.
For any query or issue please CREATE A TICKET HERE