Akeneo Augmented Reality Extension: The Akeneo Augmented Reality module allows the users to create AR Media and add the created AR media to products. The users need to create an attribute by selecting AR media type for them and assign the created Akeneo attribute to the family.
For adding the 3-D AR model to the product the users need to select the AR media from the attribute group visible on that product.
For the Akeneo installation, your Akeneo server should meet these system requirements.
View Products in AR
Allow users to view minute details of a product.
Akeneo Augmented Reality supports product and product model types of products.
With 3D views, the users may present their items in the greatest possible light.
The users can Import or Export AR media with products.
AR Experience in E-Commerce
Users can see the product in as much detail as they would if they were personally looking at it.
Upload Image Files for Android & iOS
For Android and iOS, users can upload GLB and USDZ files, respectively.
Why Integrate Akeneo Augmented Reality?
Users are always eager to view a product from all angles before purchasing it since internet buying has benefited us in several ways and made shopping more convenient.
Users can't get a tactile feeling of a thing online, but a 3D view allows them to see it from every angle and side, making them happy. The most beneficial PIM augmented reality features are for items where aesthetics or other physical attributes, such as size, are the primary deciding factors.
Upload 3D Product
- A 3D product image can be uploaded by the user.
- Users can upload a media file (such as a picture) for Android in the Android File section.
- Upload a media file (Image) for iOS under the iOS File section (Apple).
- The AR product may be viewed by scanning the image of the barcode with an Android or iOS device.
Augmented Reality Product View
By navigating to the Product Page and, a user may get a 3D view of a product.
- Users may view the product from any angle.
- Users may use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out.
- Akeneo Augmented Reality is accessible for product and product model types of products.
- The module is compatible with all web browsers.
Action on Product Data
With Akeneo Augmented Reality the user can perform various actions on it.
- The users can download the AR media.
- Users can copy the link of AR media.
- Users can scan the image of the barcode in their devices to see the AR product.
- The users can delete the AR Media.
Useful for Furniture and Home Decor Items
When buying furniture, we are frequently unclear about the dimensions in terms of height and length.
- As a result, AR allows the users to make an educated guess about where the furniture should go.
- Users may use augmented reality to modify and examine numerous colors and configurations of a digital product model in real-time without having to use the actual product.
Akeneo 5.0.x Compatible
- There are 5 major changes Automation, Governance, Quality, Connectivity, and Productivity in this latest version Akeneo 5.x came with.
- Enhancements in the new Akeneo feature are like new import/export capabilities, an enhanced user experience on our product grid, and a more insightful process tracker that will increase productivity.
- Enrich product data collection like New associations types, Enrichment in the variant products, Enhanced measurement families
- Moreover, with the new Akeneo, it will be easier to manage the data quality with the new revamped data quality dashboard, spell-check modifications, and new “Missing image” rules
- We have made all our Akeneo modules compatible with Akeneo 5.0.x and for a better experience, Akeneo implemented a new API, known as the “Events API” to better integrate the third-party application.