Prestashop Marketplace Preorder -In an eCommerce marketplace with thousands of products, stockouts can be unavoidable sometimes despite the best efforts from the vendors. Stockouts not only create disappointment for the customers. They can lead to lost sales and potentially damage business.
With Prestashop Marketplace Preorder, the sellers now don't have to worry if they run out of products. With the Preorder option, the sellers can accept orders for the product they don't have yet. By replacing the "Add to cart" button with the "Preorder Now" button for out-of-stock products, your sellers now won't miss sale from potential customers.
Note : Before installing this module the “Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace” module should be installed.
Prestashop Marketplace Preorder module is MultiShop Compatible with PrestaShop Advanced Multi-Vendor Marketplace version 5.4.0/3.4.0 and above.
Sell sold out or upcoming products
Allow sellers to accept orders for unavailable and forthcoming products.
Preorder Partial Payment
Enable customers to reserve the product by paying a fraction of the preorder product amount..
Showcase Availability Date
Display the date at which the product is available for purchase.
Configure Available Quantity
Show the quantity of products available for preorders once back in stock.
Flip clock displaying the days and time after which the product is available for purchase.
Auto/Manual Seller Preorder Products Approval
Admin can approve preorder products added by seller manually or make it auto-approved.
Prestashop Marketplace Preorder Features -
- Sellers can set preorder on a particular combination of a product or all the combinations at once.
- Select a full or partial payment option for preordering the product.
- Set a partial amount in terms of fixed amount or percentage.
- Notify shoppers when a product is back in stock by displaying the expected availability date.
- The preorder message is displayed on the product page.
- Set maximum quantity available for preorder once back in stock.
- Display countdown timer on the preorder product page.
- Admin can manage the seller preorder products approval manually or automatically.
- Allow sellers to activate/deactivate their preorder products.
- Admin can apply the bulk action on the preorders.
- Also, admin can add preorder for seller products.
- A separate tab to view a list of orders placed for seller preorder products.
- This extension allows customers to pay a full or partial amount to preorder the product.
- Customers can add a preorder and normal product in a single cart.
How the Module Works
Post-installation, a new tab "Manage Preorder" is added to the seller's marketplace account. The seller can select the product and its combination for which he wants to set the preorder. Customers can click on the "Preorder Now" button and follow the standard Prestashop procedure to buy the product. Sellers can view all the orders placed for the preorder products. They can enable, disable, edit, delete, and search the preorder products.
Preorder Partial Payment
There are times when the customers do not want to pay the full amount while preordering the product. Prestashop Marketplace Preorder enables the sellers to set a desired pre-defined amount that a customer can pay upfront to preorder the product. Customer can pay the remaining amount once the product is back in stock. In this way, the customers can pay a fraction of the product amount, reserve the product, and then pay the rest later. Offering a partial payment option encourages the customers to make the purchase and boost sales.
Include Necessary Information on Preorder Product Page
- Notify the customers whenever the products are back in stock by displaying the availability date.
- Amount that a customer needs to pay to preorder the product in case of partial payment set by the seller.
Showcasing all the above details on the preorder product page will help sellers to eliminate the customer doubts.
Analyze Customers' Demands
Preorder is an excellent marketing tool to understand and meet the demands of customers. Sellers can use preorders to determine the demand for certain products in a market and accordingly arrange the quantity. Big companies use preorders to attract potential customers and to study the demand for the pre-released products. Predicting the customers' needs will help sellers develop strategies and improve services.