OpenCart Elasticsearch: Now easily integrate Elasticsearch engine within your OpenCart web store using the OpenCart Elasticsearch extension. Store your entire product catalog on the server where you have installed the Elasticsearch and provide search and autocomplete suggestions for the customers of your web store.
Elasticsearch is a highly scalable open-source full-text search engine. It allows you to store, search, and analyze big volumes of data very quickly. It is the fastest search engine that returns the results of the entered query in real-time.
- Before installing this module, the Elastic Search Engine must be installed on the system and must be running.
- The Elasticsearch version should have version 7.
- This module supports all templates and themes including the Journal theme.
- Opencart Elastic Search module supports the Multi-Store feature of default Opencart.
Did You Mean
This feature allows the customers to search for the products if they mistakenly entered the wrong product name. The feature will suggest to them all the products which have a nearby same product name.
The Admin can upload/update products, categories, manufacturer and information pages data to the elastic server.
Search for products
The customer can search for their desired products based on different parameters like using product tags, product information, manufacturer name, categories etc.
For security purposes, the admin can even set to have a Login Authentication for the Elastic Server
Perform Index-based search
The customer on the front end can search for the products using Index names like Information, categories etc.
Automatic refreshing Indexes
The admin can set up cron for refreshing the ElasticSearch Indexes on the server automatically after a particular interval of time.
After the successful installation of the extension, the admin will configure the module for use. The admin will enable the Elastic server, enter its Ip address, select the port number, select a scheme for using an Https or Http. Apart from this, the admin can also set the login authentication for the Elastic Server.
- Enable the status of the Elastic Server.
- Enter the IP Address of the server with ElasticSearch.
- Enter the Elastic Port number.
- Enter the Index Prefix which is used to create your data index unique on the elastic server.
- Select the ElasticSearch scheme to use HTTPS or HTTP.
- Choose to have a Login authentication for Elastic Server or not.
Under here, the admin will configure the settings for search. The admin will set the number of characters to search, select the option to redirect if it's a single result, select the sections where to search, check the sections that should be searched on the information pages.
- Set the minimum number of characters to search.
- Enable/Disable the option to redirect if it’s a single result.
- Check the sections wherein you want to search at frontend like - product, category, manufacturer, and information.
- Check the sections where you want to search for products like - name, description, meta tag title.
- For the option Search In Category for, check the sections where you want the search.
- For the option Search In Information for, check the sections that should be searched on the information pages.
Under this section, the admin will configure the settings for the details to be shown on the search result. After making the selections the results will have the selected details of the products. Here, the admin will -
- Check the product details like - Product name, price, image, review & rating, etc that you want to display at the front end.
- Enter the placeholder for the search text box.
Connecting to Elastic Server
After configuring the general settings, the admin needs to tap the check status button. This checks the connection with the ElasticServer. If the connection is successful, you will see a confirmation message displaying the same or else you will see a related error message displayed.
- Do this by clicking the Check Status button.
- A success message is shown if the connection is successful else you will see the error message.
Elastic Search Indexing
The admin will have to do indexing before making use of the Elasticsearch. The indexing can be done for products, categories, manufacturer, and information. To add an index, click on the add index button and after that -
- The Index Name (every character must be lower case) & also predefined Index prefix i.e elastic_ is added before the Index name to make every field unique from other.
- Set the Index Type().
- Set the number of shards.
- Select the status of this new index as Enabled or Disabled.
- Lastly, click the save button to save the configuration settings.
Complete Features List
- Admin can replace MySQL search engine with the Elastic search engine.
- Admin can upload/update products, categories, manufacturer and information pages data to the elastic server.
- Admin can allow Elasticsearch login authentication.
- Store data on the elastic server according to the index types.
- The customer can search data by name, description and short description of the Product.
- Has the “Did You Mean” Feature according to which the search engine automatically corrects the keywords if they are typed incorrectly.
- A customer can search for the products based on products, categories, manufacturer, and information.
- Also, a customer can search on the basis of keywords & tags.
- Admin will set up Cron Job for refreshing the ElasticSearch Indexes on the server.
For any query or issue please create a support ticket here http://webkul.uvdesk.com/