Order Attachments for WooCommerce: Now, the WooCommerce store owner can enable the order attachments for his products. After enabling the attachment, the customer needs to upload an attachment. The order can not be completed unless the admin approves the uploaded order attachment. At the store frontend, the customers have the option of attaching a prescription document while placing the order or at a later time.
But in the case of guest users, they have to add it while placing an order for products requiring the same. While the guest user has not attached the attachment, the place order button won't be available for placing the order.
Attachment Approval Option
Order attachment can be approved/disapproved by the admin of the website as required.
Attachment Required Option
Set the attachment as required for the products that require one for online purchases.
Attach Later Option
Registered users can attach the order attachment/prescription at a later time by navigating to the order details of the particular order.
Restriction for Guests
Guest users are required to upload the order attachment at the time of placing the order. If not uploaded the user will not be able to find the Place order button to proceed further.
What is the need for this extension?
There are situations when a store owner wants to sell out products that require a file uploading feature — thus giving the users the ability to upload files, such as a prescription.
- For the store owner, it is not a need, but a legal obligation as the store owner cannot sell products like medicines, eye-glasses without prescriptions.
- Similarly, we have many other online business establishments that have the same requirement. Some of them to mention are - medical stores, gun stores, or medical stores selling out medicines.
- The need to display a custom file upload feature depends on your business and product type.
- For now, we have created the file upload feature for the pharma retailer website. Using this plugin, the customers will be able to buy medicines from an online pharma shop by uploading a prescription for the medicines that require one.
After having installed the plugin, the WooCommerce website owner can configure the settings for the label and its content that gets visible to the users within the shopping cart. Thus allowing the users to know that it’s a prescription product and there’s a need to upload a prescription document for buying the medicine.
- Set the label visible within the cart
- Set the content for the label
- The label gets visible within the cart
- Tapping the label brings up the label content for the customer
Make Prescription As Required
The store owner has the option to make the prescription as required for any of the medicines that the admin has listed on his website. Enabling the option adds a label notifying the users that a prescription is required for making a purchase of the pharma product.
- Enable/disable prescription as required for pharma products.
- Prescription required labels visible on the product page.
- The order can not be completed unless the prescription status is changed to approved by the admin.
- Guest users can not place an order if they don’t attach a prescription along with the order.
Upload Attachment Now/Later
The users will be able to upload a prescription if it’s required for purchasing a pharma product from the online website. This provides the option to the users to upload the prescription at the time of placing the order or at a later time as well.
- The users can add the prescription at the time of placing the order or at a later time as feasible.
- The guest users will only be able to attach the prescription-only at the time of placing the order.
- The place order button will not be visible if the guest chooses to attach the prescription at a later time.
- Attachments make sure that the customers are genuinely purchasing the prescribed medicines.
Order Attachment Status
After an attachment is uploaded by the users, the admin can easily change the status of the uploaded prescription as approved or disapproved. If the admin thinks that the user has not uploaded a proper prescription document then the admin can disapprove the same. The customer can see the same status by navigating to the placed order details.
- The admin can make the order attachment as Approved or Disapproved.
- The customer can see the notification for attaching the attachment if not added.
- After approval, the customer can see the Approved attachment status.
- After a rejection, the customer sees the notification status for the attachment as Disapproved.
- Allow customers to buy medicine only when they have a doctor’s prescription.
- Approve or Disapprove the Uploaded prescription attachment by the user.
- See a complete list of orders placed for the prescription type of products.
- Set up the prescription heading and the content that is visible to the users at the frontend.
- Enable or disable the prescription section for the products as required.
- View the prescriptions uploaded by the customers.
- All of the created prescription products get visible under a separate section.
- Can set which products can be bought only after uploading a prescription and the ones that don’t require one.
- Can easily upload their doctor’s prescription and buy medicine online.
- Can upload the prescription even after placing the order.
- Guest users will need to attach the prescription at the time of placing the order.