Provide limited access with Odoo Password Manager!
Protecting sensitive and confidential information from unauthorized users is very important. Because you have personal data that you can’t share with other users. Moreover, providing limited access to files helps prevent data breaches and protects you against insider and external threats.
Hence, to solve your access rights problem and improve your Odoo security, we created Odoo Password Manager. The Odoo app allows you to grant different types of access rights with some restrictions to users. However, the Odoo admin has the master control and the right to grant and revoke user access. You can create and assign roles such as Admin, Manager, and Users where;
- Admin can create, read, write, and delete access and folder data.
- The managers can read, write, and edit the vault and folders.
- Users only have access to read the folders, and they can’t alter any data or files.
Besides, every user has a common right to share records; if they have share access, they can share it with every other user.
Odoo Password Manager Features
Create Folders and Vaults in Odoo
- The Password Manager module allows you to create vaults in Odoo.
- You can also create a secure folder to store data.
Create Roles from the Settings
- The Odoo admin can create different roles according to their needs (such as admin, manager, user, etc.).
- They can also choose which access rights to provide to different users.
Safeguard Your Odoo Against Fraud
- The Odoo app limits users' access which aids in preventing fraudulent activities.
- The admin has complete control; hence other users can’t misuse their rights.
Revoking Access and Maintaining Records in Odoo
- Grant access to users for a limited period and after which it will be automatically revoked.
- The module helps track every record change from the chatter section.
Maintain Expired Access Log
- The Odoo app adds a menu (Sharing Center) to manage all the expired sessions in the vault.
- You can view all the shared with me and share with other accesses from this menu.
Regranting Expired Access in Odoo
- The Odoo admin can renew the expired sessions or revoke any user access.
Create User Vault Access Right
- The Odoo app allows you to create different access rights in the vault.
- The admin can grant different access rights based on the user’s requirement.
- Access rights provide three types of access to users (Update, Share, and Comment).
- Update right allows the user to modify the vault data.
- The right to comment permits sending a message from the chatter section.
- Share right will let users share the vault data with others.
- Further, each user can have different rights to access the vault.
Sharing Vault Data with Other Users
- Users can share the vault and folders with others if they have the required access.
- A shared folder with a user can be shared with other users as well.
- If user A is shared a folder and has access to share it, they can share it with other users.
- Users must select the users, role, and expiration date to share the folder or vault.
- The access will automatically expire after the mentioned date.
- However, the admin can renew the expired access from the sharing center.
- The Odoo admin can also revoke any users’ access whenever they want.
Check Other Odoo Apps
Odoo Password Manager
Webkul's dedicated support provides you with the customizations and troubleshooting solutions for Odoo Password Manager.
For any query or issue please CREATE A TICKET HERE