Magento 2 Akeneo Connector: With the help of this extension, you can connect your Magento store with the Akeneo PIM (Product Information Management) platform and manage thousands of products quickly. Once you import all the catalog data in Akeneo, you can push that data into the Magento 2 store. It works with simple, configurable, and virtual types of products. The store owner can import information about the categories, attributes, configurable variations, attribute family, and much more.
Please Note -
- Please select Enterprise Edition option in case you are using Magento Enterprise Edition.
- For exporting bundle and grouped products from Akeneo PIM, please use - Magento 2 Group Bundle Product Akeneo Add-on
- Magento 2 Akeneo Connector is compatible with Community Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Cloud (PaaS/Flexibility) Edition of Akeneo.
- Dedicated Support for Magento 2.3
- If you are using Webkul Marketplace Module, then please see - Multi-Vendor Akeneo Connector for Magento 2
Update Exported Product
Once the products are exported from Akeneo, you can do any changes as you require. Go to Catalog>Products and Edit any exported product.
Send Multiple Images
Export multiple images of a product from Akeneo.
Export Configurable Products
You can create a product with multiple options and export it as a configurable product
Filter Products for Export
If you don't want to export all the products, you can use various filters using category, SKU, time condition, completeness, attribute family
Select Attributes to Export
You can select which product attributes you want to export with the products at the time of export job
Create Cron Job
You can decide when you want to do the exporting process, set up a cron job or manually execute the export process.
Export Content in Multi-Language
You can export your content (description, short description, labels, etc.) in multiple languages such as English, German, Spanish, etc.
When an export job is running, you can see the progress on the screen and check any errors as well.
What is Akeneo PIM & why do I need it?
Akeneo PIM will allow you to gather all your product information in one single place, enrich it and spread it to several channels like an e-commerce website like Magento store, a mobile application like Mobikul Native Apps. You can store and export product information like name, description, technical information like characteristics, material, logistics information like a product’s size, weight and media information like images.
- Export bulk product data
- Update product information on multiple channels
- Supports multiple languages
- Send product image
GraphQL API - Magento 2.3 Feature
GraphQL is an open-source data query and manipulation language which administers the queries at runtime by using Type System. Magento 2.3 implements GraphQL as an alternative to the traditional approach like SOAP/REST for custom frontend development, including headless storefronts and PWAs.
After implementing GraphQL in our Magento2 Akeneo connector, we can import only updated data from Magento.
- With GraphQL, there is no need for versioning like REST. It is possible to add or update a new field without affecting the existing application.
- A user can get organized results with a single query that defined in the typed schema.
- GraphQL provides faster and more efficient results.
Asynchronous and Bulk Web API - Magento 2.3 Feature
Now the Magento 2.3 works over the Asynchronous API. Asynchronous API enables the process of bulk requests asynchronously without waiting for the response from the server.
Bulk Web API is established on the rest principle and used for loading or deleting a large amount of data. Magento2.3 works over Message Queue (RabbitMQ) which is a protocol that helps to execute the Web API Asynchronously and complete the task at the backend.
After implementing the Asynchronous and Bulk Web API, we can export the product in the queue and reduce the payload of bulk requests.
- It includes separate status APIs that checks the status of each request.
- Provide more efficient and scalable implementations that eliminate round-trip network overhead.
Product Attribute Mapping
A product attribute is the characteristics of the product that gives information about the product and change the consumer purchase decision. Product attribute is like size and description, color, weight, and price.
You can mention the detail information about the product in Akeneo and map the Akeneo attributes fields with Magento2 product fields so that information synchronized correctly.
- Sync Magento2 field mapping with Akeneo attributes
- A user can mention any fixed value for the exported products
- Map additional product fields
Data filtering is used in Akeneo PIM for the taking out information that is not much necessary for the user. You can filter the data with the help of Channel, Locales, and Attributes.
- Channel – You can select the channel like E-commerce, Mobile, and ERP where you want to export the data.
- Locales – You can send the product information in Multiple locales.
- Attribute –You can filter the attribute that you want to export from Akeneo to Magento 2.
Product filtering allows the users to refine product while exporting from the Akeneo to Magento2. You can filter the product with Family, Status, Completeness, Time condition and Category.
- Family – You can select the product family which is indicating similar products.
- Status – You can Filter the product by status. Like- Enable, Disable.
- Completeness - You can filter products with product completeness.
- Time Condition – You can filter the product with time like - Updated product from since this date.
- Category – You can filter the product with product category and sub-categories.
Export Multiple Images
Product images are essential when you are selling stuff online. Using this module, all the product images are exported to the Magento 2 store. You can export multiple pictures with high resolution.
When you export the images then exported product images go to the same folder and same format to the Magento2 store.
- You can send multiple images
- You can limit the size of an image
- Send high-resolution images
Categories help to export the products which are similar. You can choose single or multiple categories for the export process. A product can be classified into one or more categories.
If you made changes in one category, then you can export only that category.
- You can export the categories as such as in Akeneo
- You can filter the categories
Export Product Variants
You can export the product and variants product in Akeneo to Magento 2. You can create a product model in Akeneo and add information about its variants such as color, size.
When the product is exported to the Magento 2 store, the product variant attributes and information are also exported and mapped on the Magento store. The variant product inherits all the properties of the products information.
- Export variant product image
- Variant product inventory
- Auto-sync option names and option values
Export SEO Information
You can send search engine listing information with your products. We know SEO is crucial for getting maximum visibility and traffic to your website. SEO provides higher brand credibility and take your business next level. You can mention the following information about a product:
- Meta URL key
- Meta Title
- Meta keyword
- Meta Description
Sync Multiple Stores
If you are managing multiple Magento2 stores, you can connect them with Akeneo and do product synchronization simultaneously. At the time of export, you can mention your Magento2 store credentials where the products will be created.
- Send product data to multiple stores
- You can select various stores for exporting the products
Import From Magento 2
Magento 2 Akeneo Connector, now allows you to import your product catalog data from Magento 2 to Akeneo also. Magento 2 Import Product job profile is available which will enable you to import products, variations, categories, attributes, options, and much more data from your shop to your Akeneo.
- Product with variations can be imported
- Configure imported product attributes
Product Association Mapping
Associativity of the products means a group of product that is closely related. An associative product can be the product with the same types, same price range, and same customer types. In this connector, we are providing three types of association mapping:
- Cross-sell products - Cross-selling of the product involves the product with the same kind.
- Upsell Products - Upsell products typically involve trading up to a better version of what’s being purchased.
- Related products - Related products are similar in the category and types. It provides you with a vast number of options in addition to the main product.
Magento 2 Akeneo Connector Complete Features List
- Works with simple, configurable, and virtual products.
- Create multiple jobs and schedule them for execution.
- Map product attributes between Magento and Akeneo.
- Export all the categories from Akeneo to Magento.
- Filter exported products based on category, family, status, completeness, etc.
- Export specific product(s) using an SKU identifier.
- Create attributes, attribute sets, attribute options using Akeneo.
- Export multiple images of a product.
- Set sorting order for the product images
- Export Akeneo attributes as Magento custom attributes
- Select currency during store view mapping
- Map standard attributes of Magento using their code
- Decide how you want to export attributes - Single predefined group or All Attributes Group
- Send SEO information with products.
- Set URL prefix for product models to avoid same name issue
- Set fallback name field when the mapped field is not present
- Five types of Magento export profiles available
- Quick export job functionality is included
- Send product information according to locales such as – en, es, de.
- Support multi-language translations.
- Akeneo connector module also works with multi-store Magento setup.
- Source code is fully open for customization.
- Magento 2 Akeneo Connector is also compatible with latest Magento version 2.3.x
- Now supports importing of product, attributes, attribute sets, categories data from Magento.
Akeneo 3.0 and 3.1 Compatible
Akeneo 3.0 (Akeneo 3.1) is Long Term Supported (LTS) version which includes three main terms:
- Managing reference entities,
- Support for Single Sign-On, and
- Performance improvements.
Akeneo has done some technical improvements like:
- Elasticsearch 6.5.4 Support,
- PHP 7.2 Support, and
- MySQL Encoding (Utf8mb4) Support.
Now it is easy to load 1,000,000 products and 20,000 categories in two seconds in Akeneo grid. Also, export 100 products in 10 min (with images + reindexing) for two store views.
We have made all our Akeneo modules compatible with Akeneo 3.0 & 3.1. And implemented RabbitMQ to make the export process faster.
We have added Automated Process to export products using automate CSV upload and made it work with Akeneo Community and Enterprise editions with latest features.
Customer Success Stories
Want to know which clients are using Magento 2 Akeneo Connector extension, please visit the link - https://store.webkul.com/Magento2-Akeneo-Connector.html#showcase
BMN (Bouwmaterialen Nederland) - Instead of using the standard CSV import/export process, Webkul Akeneo Connector enabled BMN to integrate Magento 2 Enterprise Edition with Akeneo platform.
With the customized API integration solution, BMN synchronized bulk amount of product data across its multiple web stores. To read more about BMN success story, please click here.
Nielsen Shop (Germany) - The management of product data seemed very annoying for the shop owner. Webkul Magento 2 Akeneo connector helped Nielsen shop to enrich their product information and export the product successfully from Akeneo to Magento 2.
Webkul also helped them to migrate the Akeneo 1.7 version to 2.0 and successful configuration of Magento 2 Akeneo connector. To read more about Nielsen success story, please click here.
POL Heteren Bv (Netherlands) - POL is a family business unit in Netherland using Pimgento connector which did not work out for them. POL found their way in using Akeneo PIM solution on Webkul Magento2 Akeneo connector.
Webkul Magento2 Akeneo connector allows them to easily import products from Magento 2 to Akeneo. To read more about POL Heteren success story, please click here.
ISTOBAL (Spain) - ISTOBAL is a corporate group headed by ISTOBAL SA which is the parent of the group provides excellent vehicle care. They were looking for a PIM solution to manage and enrich the products.
They found their hands-on Webkul Magento2 Akeneo connector. Webkul helped them in creating the configurable product and product enrichment. Webkul also helped them in the installation process of Magento2 Akeneo connector.
DIRCKIII (Netherlands) - DIRCKIII is one of the largest Liquor stores in the Netherlands. They were selling the liquor products with the online store based on the Magento 2 eCommerce framework. They want to manage the multilingual Product Information in PIM and export it to the different store view in Magento 2. They found their solution as Magento 2 Akeneo Connector. To read more about DIRCKIII success story, please click here:
View More Akeneo PIM Success Story - https://store.webkul.com/success-stories.html
For any query or issue, please create a support ticket here http://webkul.uvdesk.com/