Magento 2 Akeneo Connector: With the help of this extension, you can connect your Magento store with the Akeneo PIM (Product Information Management) platform and manage thousands of products quickly. Once you import all the catalog data in Akeneo, you can push that data into the Adobe Commerce store. It works with simple, configurable, and virtual types of products. The store owner can import information about the categories, attributes, configurable variations, attribute family, and much more.
Please Note -
- Please select the Enterprise Edition option in case you are using Magento Enterprise Edition.
- If you want to use this extension on Akeneo EE Serenity mode, please contact us.
- For the Akeneo installation, your Akeneo server should meet these system requirements.
- Dedicated Support for Magento 2.3
- For exporting bundle and grouped products from Akeneo PIM, please use - Magento 2 Group Bundle Product Akeneo Add-on
- If you are using Webkul Marketplace Module, then please see - Multi-Vendor Akeneo Connector for Magento 2
- For synchronizing advance pricing information from Akeneo PIM to Magento 2, you can use Magento 2 Akeneo Tier Pricing.
Update Exported Product
Once the products are exported from Akeneo, you can do any changes as you require. Go to Catalog>Products and Edit any exported product.
Send Multiple Images
Export multiple images of a product from Akeneo.
Export Configurable Products
You can create a product with multiple options and export it as a configurable product
Filter Products for Export
If you don't want to export all the products, you can use various filters using category, SKU, time condition, completeness, attribute family
Select Attributes to Export
You can select which product attributes you want to export with the products at the time of export job
Create Cron Job
You can decide when you want to do the exporting process, set up a cron job or manually execute the export process.
Export Content in Multi-Language
You can export your content (description, short description, labels, etc.) in multiple languages such as English, German, Spanish, etc.
When an export job is running, you can see the progress on the screen and check any errors as well.
Compatibility with All Akeneo Edition
Akeneo PIM helps to centralize all your Product Information in a single place. You can create, manage, and enrich the product information and distribute it to various channels like ERP, eCommerce, Mobile App, POS, and Marketplaces. Webkul is the largest Akeneo solution provider in the World. We have covered more than ⅓ extensions among all the Akeneo extensions at their marketplace.
We have also started to provide the solution on the All Akeneo version including Akeneo Community Edition, Akeneo Growth, Akeneo Flexibility, and Akeneo Serenity Edition.
On Self-Hosted Server & PaaS(Platform as a Service)
Akeneo PIM provides open-source PIM software. Open-Source software is released under a license with source code and provides the rights to the users to modify the code. Anyone can easily access the code to create a set of tools or apps which are required for the integrations.
Akeneo Community Edition
Akeneo Community Edition is open-source. It is being trusted by many Enterprise Customers and downloaded more than 80K times. Akeneo Community Edition is the most popular PIM that can be hosted on any dedicated server which meets the installation requirements. We provide end-to-end support for Community Edition for Customization, Module Development, Support, and Training.
Akeneo Enterprise Flexibility Mode
Akeneo has an Enterprise version also. Akeneo Enterprise contains Akeneo Flexibility(PaaS) and Akeneo Serenity mode(SaaS). We do provide complete support for Akeneo Flexibility(PaaS). PaaS(Platform as a Service) is a service to allows customers to controls the software deployment with a limited option. The service provider provides the server, database, integration to the consumers. All the Webkul modules are compatible with the Akeneo Enterprise Flexibility.
SaaS(Software as a service) is a software distribution model and a way of delivering the application over the internet. A SaaS product is centrally hosted and is licensed based on a subscription model. Saas is being popular as they are fast and bring limitless opportunities in development.
Akeneo Growth Edition
Akeneo Growth Edtion is a SaaS PIM. The Growth Edition provides Fast Deployment, Automatic Upgrades, Scalable, and Adaptable PIM solutions. All the Webkul Extension is compatible with the Akeneo Growth Edition. We do configure the Extension with Middleware software. It uses the Akeneo API for integration.
Akeneo Enterprise Serenity Mode
Akeneo Enterprise Serenity is also a SaaS-based like Growth. Akeneo EE has some advanced features like Asset Manager, Reference Entities, and Advance Rights Management. All the Webkul Extension is compatible with the Akeneo EE Serenity with Middleware software(Developed by Webkul).
What is Akeneo PIM & why do I need it?
Akeneo PIM will allow you to gather all your product information in one single place, enrich it and spread it to several channels like an e-commerce website like Magento store, a mobile application like Mobikul Native Apps. You can store and export product information like name, description, technical information like characteristics, material, logistics information like a product’s size, weight, and media information like images.
- Export bulk product data
- Update product information on multiple channels
- Supports multiple languages
- Send product image
GraphQL API - Adobe Commerce 2.3 Feature
GraphQL is an open-source data query and manipulation language which administers the queries at runtime by using Type System. Magento 2.3 implements GraphQL as an alternative to the traditional approach like SOAP/REST for custom frontend development, including headless storefronts and PWAs.
After implementing GraphQL in our Magento2 Akeneo connector, we can import only updated data from Magento.
- With GraphQL, there is no need for versioning like REST. It is possible to add or update a new field without affecting the existing application.
- A user can get organized results with a single query defined in the typed schema.
- GraphQL provides faster and more efficient results.
Asynchronous and Bulk Web API - Adobe Commerce 2.3 Feature
Now the Magento 2.3 works over the Asynchronous API. Asynchronous API enables the process of bulk requests asynchronously without waiting for the response from the server.
Bulk Web API is established on the rest principle and used for loading or deleting a large amount of data. Magento2.3 works over Message Queue (RabbitMQ) which is a protocol that helps to execute the Web API Asynchronously and complete the task at the backend.
After implementing the Asynchronous and Bulk Web API, we can export the product in the queue and reduce the payload of bulk requests.
- It includes separate status APIs that check the status of each request.
- Provide more efficient and scalable implementations that eliminate round-trip network overhead.
Product Attribute Mapping
A product attribute is the characteristics of the product that gives information about the product and change the consumer purchase decision. Product attribute is like size and description, color, weight, and price.
You can mention the detailed information about the product in Akeneo and map the Akeneo attributes fields with Magento2 product fields so that information synchronized correctly.
- Sync Magento2 field mapping with Akeneo attributes
- A user can mention any fixed value for the exported products
- Map additional product fields
Data filtering is used in Akeneo PIM for taking out information that is not much necessary for the user. You can filter the data with the help of Channel, Locales, and Attributes.
- Channel – You can select the channel like E-commerce, Mobile, and ERP where you want to export the data.
- Locales – You can send the product information in Multiple locales.
- Attribute –You can filter the attribute that you want to export from Akeneo to Magento 2.
Product filtering allows the users to refine products while exporting from Akeneo to Magento2. You can filter the product with Family, Status, Completeness, Time condition, and Category.
- Family – You can select the product family which is indicating similar products.
- Status – You can Filter the product by status. Like- Enable, Disable.
- Completeness - You can filter products with product completeness.
- Time Condition – You can filter the product with time like - Updated product from since this date.
- Category – You can filter the product with product category and sub-categories.
Export Multiple Images
Product images are essential when you are selling stuff online. Using this module, all the product images are exported to the Magento 2 store. You can export multiple pictures with high resolution.
When you export the images then exported product images go to the same folder and same format to the Magento2 store.
- You can send multiple images
- You can limit the size of an image
- Send high-resolution images
Categories help to export the products which are similar. You can choose single or multiple categories for the export process. A product can be classified into one or more categories.
If you made changes in one category, then you can export only that category.
- You can export the categories as such as in Akeneo
- You can filter the categories
Export Product Variants
You can export the product and variants product in Akeneo to Magento 2. You can create a product model in Akeneo and add information about its variants such as color, size.
When the product is exported to the Magento 2 store, the product variant attributes and information are also exported and mapped on the Magento store. The variant product inherits all the properties of the products information.
- Export variant product image
- Variant product inventory
- Auto-sync option names and option values
Export SEO Information
You can send search engine listing information with your products. We know SEO is crucial for getting maximum visibility and traffic to your website. SEO provides higher brand credibility and take your business next level. You can mention the following information about a product:
- Meta URL key
- Meta Title
- Meta keyword
- Meta Description
Sync Multiple Stores
If you are managing multiple Magento2 stores, you can connect them with Akeneo and do product synchronization simultaneously. At the time of export, you can mention your Magento2 store credentials where the products will be created.
- Send product data to multiple stores
- You can select various stores for exporting the products
Import From Magento 2
Magento 2 Akeneo Connector, now allows you to import your product catalog data from Magento 2 to Akeneo also. Magento 2 Import Product job profile is available which will enable you to import products, variations, categories, attributes, options, and much more data from your shop to your Akeneo.
- Product with variations can be imported
- Configure imported product attributes
Product Association Mapping
Associativity of the products means a group of product that is closely related. An associative product can be the product with the same types, same price range, and same customer types. In this connector, we are providing three types of association mapping:
- Cross-sell products - Cross-selling of the product involves the product with the same kind.
- Upsell Products - Upsell products typically involve trading up to a better version of what’s being purchased.
- Related products - Related products are similar in the category and types. It provides you with a vast number of options in addition to the main product.
Magento 2 Akeneo Connector Complete Features List
- Works with simple, configurable, and virtual products.
- Create multiple jobs and schedule them for execution.
- Map product attributes between Magento and Akeneo.
- Export all the categories from Akeneo to Magento.
- Filter exported products based on category, family, status, completeness, etc.
- Export specific product(s) using an SKU identifier.
- Create attributes, attribute sets, attribute options using Akeneo.
- Export multiple images of a product.
- Set sorting order for the product images
- Export Akeneo attributes as Magento custom attributes
- Select currency during store view mapping
- Map standard attributes of Magento using their code
- Decide how you want to export attributes - Single predefined group or All Attributes Group
- Send SEO information with products.
- Set URL prefix for product models to avoid same name issue
- Set fallback name field when the mapped field is not present
- Five types of Magento export profiles available
- Quick export job functionality is included
- Send product information according to locales such as – en, es, de.
- Support multi-language translations.
- Akeneo connector module also works with a multi-store Magento setup.
- The source code is fully open for customization.
- Magento 2 Akeneo Connector is also compatible with latest Magento version 2.3.x
- Now supports importing of product, attributes, attribute sets, categories data from Magento.
Ironman Triathlon - Managing Online Catalog with Akeneo PIM
Ironman Triathlon is one of the most difficult sports events in the world consisting of a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bicycle ride, and a marathon 26.22-mile run. The event is now known as Ironman World Championships.
Apart from the world's most competitive challenging event, the Ironman also runs an online shop selling apparel and gear. The online shop built on the Magento 2 platform provides a wide range of products available for various countries.
It becomes indispensable for a brand like Ironman to offer products with a detailed description of products along with custom features to its customers.
Creating more than 1000 products and managing them is not a big deal in Magento, but when it comes to managing a particular feature of a particular product, things become more tedious. Read the complete case study to know how Ironman manages its product catalogue using Akeneo PIM.
Canadian Industrial Distributors - "Windsor Factory Supply"
Windsor Factory Supply is a value-added distributor that focuses on MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Operations) products as well as health and safety, plumbing, and HVAC supplies.
Because these marketplaces are so diverse and sophisticated, customers appreciate their innovative solutions.
To reduce time and enhance speed in the market Webkul provides them Magento 2 Akeneo Connector with dozen of solutions and customizations.
Read the complete story to find out How WFS ltd manages their product with Magento 2 Akeneo Connector.
BMN (Bouwmaterialen Nederland)
Instead of using the standard CSV import/export process, Webkul Akeneo Connector enabled BMN to integrate Magento 2 Enterprise Edition with the Akeneo platform.
With the customized API integration solution, BMN synchronized the bulk amount of product data across its multiple web stores. To read more about the BMN success story, read the complete story.
Nielsen Shop (Germany)
The management of product data seemed very annoying for the shop owner. Webkul Magento 2 Akeneo connector helped Nielsen shop to enrich their product information and export the product successfully from Akeneo to Magento 2.
Webkul also helped them to migrate the Akeneo 1.7 version to 2.0 and successful configuration of the Magento 2 Akeneo connector. To read more about Nielsen's success story, read the complete story.
POL Heteren Bv (Netherlands)
POL is a family business unit in Netherland using Pimgento connector which did not work out for them. POL found their way in using the Akeneo PIM solution on the Webkul Magento2 Akeneo connector.
Webkul Magento2 Akeneo connector allows them to easily import products from Magento 2 to Akeneo. To read more about the POL Heteren success story, read the complete story.
ISTOBAL is a corporate group headed by ISTOBAL SA which is the parent of the group that provides excellent vehicle care. They were looking for a PIM solution to manage and enrich the products.
They found their hands-on Webkul Magento2 Akeneo connector. Webkul helped them in creating the configurable product and product enrichment. Webkul also helped them in the installation process of the Magento 2 Akeneo connector.
DIRCKIII is one of the largest Liquor stores in the Netherlands. They were selling the liquor products with the online store based on the Magento 2 eCommerce framework. They want to manage the multilingual Product Information in PIM and export it to the different store views in Magento 2. They found their solution as Magento 2 Akeneo Connector. To read more about the DIRCKIII success story, read the complete story.
Akeneo 6.0.x Compatible
- In Akeneo PIM Version 6, you can manage your multidimensional data [CE, EE].
- Tailored Exports can help you advance your product exports [EE only].
- Improve Your Productivity with a New Category Screen [CE, EE].
- The System Menu in Akeneo PIM Version 6 has been completely redesigned. It's divided into two sections: System Navigation and User Management Navigation settings [CE, EE].
- Navigate between your choice codes and their translations more simply, and manage your attribute options more effectively [CE, EE].
- As your media collection expands, Akeneo PIM Version 6 can keep up by supporting up to ten million assets per asset family [EE only].
- Users are now able to choose several assets from the same family at the same time in the Akeneo PIM user interface [EE only].
- Because of an upgraded process tracker area, you can keep track of your tasks and jobs [CE, EE].
For any query or issue please create a support ticket here http://webkul.uvdesk.com/.
You may also check our quality Mangento 2 Extensions.